TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to"
At this point of his career I don't see him doing any of these:
Sequels, Spin-offs, Adaptation.

Also, why do a lot of people here think that if he chooses to make a western, it's going to be a straight up western? Because DUNKIRK was a typical WWII movie?
He'll find a way to twist genres and do something that will challenge the audience.
Last edited by Tarssauce on February 2nd, 2019, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A western in space

A Horror/Western would be pretty cool. Cholera outbreak in the east, making people escape to the west.

At this point we only now when it's coming, but kinda lame if you ask me not telling us what in the world is he planning this time. I know Nolan likes secrecy, but we just need to know what kind of movie he will tackle next. I'm all for some original screenplay from him, then some kind of adaptation. But somehow secretly I'm hoping he will do horror this time around. And when I say horror, I mean something like The Shining, something that iconic from him would be a thing to remember, if anyone can pull it off, it's him. Here's to hoping we won't have to wait long to find out... the anticipation is killing me.

:gonf:

Dobson wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 2:38 pm
A western in space

yogamble wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm
Anybody here think maybe a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Robin or Nightwing movie?
I don't mean to stray too far off topic here, but Nolan will probably never work with Joseph-Gordon Levitt again. During the production of Inception, there were inside murmurings that Levitt was occasionally annoying Nolan on set in terms of not always being punctual, not always being respectful and sometimes being a bit of a drama queen. Supposedly these were very minor issues though, and for the most part Levitt was solid for Inception's production. So Nolan cast Levitt again in The Dark Knight Rises after Inception. During production of The Dark Knight Rises, inside murmurings leaked out that Levitt's professionalism on set got much worse. Nolan was supposedly disappointed and mad with Levitt often on set of The Dark Knight Rises.

I don't have links for this stuff. It was all inside murmurings years ago. Since then, Levitt hasn't been cast in any Nolan film. Also look at Levitt's career; he hasn't been cast in a major blockbuster, or even had a major box office hit since 2012. 2012 being the year The Dark Knight Rises came out. Levitt also starred in a couple of other fairly major films in 2012, but since then nothing of note or significance. Whether one believes it or not...those were the murmurings from back in the day.

I hope we don't have to wait a month again, I hope we'll have something the week to come. After space travel and World War II, I just want to know what crazy new thing this guy has in mind.

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 9:12 am
atilasantos wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 9:10 am
Better be better than Dunkirk
I'm just gonna pretend that you're setting the bar extremely high.

Imaginatio wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:08 pm
yogamble wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm
Anybody here think maybe a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Robin or Nightwing movie?
I don't mean to stray too far off topic here, but Nolan will probably never work with Joseph-Gordon Levitt again. During the production of Inception, there were inside murmurings that Levitt was occasionally annoying Nolan on set in terms of not always being punctual, not always being respectful and sometimes being a bit of a drama queen. Supposedly these were very minor issues though, and for the most part Levitt was solid for Inception's production. So Nolan cast Levitt again in The Dark Knight Rises after Inception. During production of The Dark Knight Rises, inside murmurings leaked out that Levitt's professionalism on set got much worse. Nolan was supposedly disappointed and mad with Levitt often on set of The Dark Knight Rises.

I don't have links for this stuff. It was all inside murmurings years ago. Since then, Levitt hasn't been cast in any Nolan film. Also look at Levitt's career; he hasn't been cast in a major blockbuster, or even had a major box office hit since 2012. 2012 being the year The Dark Knight Rises came out. Levitt also starred in a couple of other fairly major films in 2012, but since then nothing of note or significance. Whether one believes it or not...those were the murmurings from back in the day.
Where did you get these inside murmurings from? I followed the production of Inception and TDKR closely on a few different forums and have never heard anything like this

Darth Nata wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 10:06 pm

Where did you get these inside murmurings from? I followed the production of Inception and TDKR closely on a few different forums and have never heard anything like this
I honestly don't remember exactly where, but there were a few places. It was on several different industry/movie sites or forums. Which ones I honestly can't recall. It wasn't just coming from random people posting on a forum. I remember at least one site that said they had reliable movie industry sources unofficially confirm this. I should probably try and document these things better in the future. Searching for it now brings up nothing. Nolan being the consummate professional he is; this was never 'officially' reported anywhere, and never would have. Nolan runs a super tight ship during production, even if any cast problems ever arise.