TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 10:34 pm
I bet Nolan is so happy that he's not a part of this DC mess. I guarantee you they've tried to reel him back in with big $$$ and he wants nothing to do with it, haha. "You guys run along and have fun. I'll be over here making my WWII epic."
I'm sure he was approached by WB execs to be their Kevin Feigie and guide their films, but Nolan simply replied: "I don't understand these f*king superhero stories. I did Batman because he is a simple character with no extraordinary abilities that you can put in a world resembling ours. I do not know what the f*ck is Mother Box, who is Anti-Monitor, and who is Darkseid. You better ask someone else to help you with that sh*t."

Batman's Batman wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 10:08 am
I'm sure he was approached by WB execs to be their Kevin Feigie and guide their films, but Nolan simply replied: "I don't understand these f*king superhero stories. I did Batman because he is a simple character with no extraordinary abilities that you can put in a world resembling ours. I do not know what the f*ck is Mother Box, who is Anti-Monitor, and who is Darkseid. You better ask someone else to help you with that sh*t."
Love this
Last edited by Tesla on January 31st, 2019, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, he at least came up with an awesome Superman story, in my opinion. Man of Steel had an amazing approach to it. Underrated movie.

Angus wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 11:22 am
Well, he at least came up with an awesome Superman story, in my opinion. Man of Steel had an amazing approach to it. Underrated movie.
Superman and Batman are the only superheroes Nolan was ever interested in. He cited Superman The Movie as one of his favorite films and that's why he agreed to do Man of Steel with Goyer after he pitched him that idea.

its no surprise nolan is doing another event film. i remember an interview from 2014 where he said he's going to keep doing large scale films as long as he has the chance to because he doesn't take the opportunity for granted. his last 5 films have been event films and he continues that in 2020. i guess we'll be seeing a big IMAX nolan event film every 2-3 years until one flops lol

i have a feeling this 2020 film is either going to be james bond or a western. i don't know why but i feel that's what it may be.

So many noobs on this thread. Where the vets hiding.

cclem wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 12:28 pm
So many noobs on this thread. Where the vets hiding.
Lol. Popping in for a bit. A bit of trivia while we wait for more news. The gap between Dunkirk and this film is the biggest gap between films in Nolan's career since Insomnia and Batman Begins. Those two were released roughly 3 years apart. This film will be released roughly 3 years after Dunkirk. Batman Begins was very ambitious compared to Insomnia. Is that a hint of things to come for this film? We'll see I guess.

lynchfan wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 12:03 pm
i have a feeling this 2020 film is either going to be james bond or a western. i don't know why but i feel that's what it may be.
There is already a James Bond movie on the schedule for February 2020. WB is not involved with distributing that film. The director is Cary Fukunaga from True Detective.

I don't think a western is a great idea. Maybe with a smaller budget like Hostiles and The Homesman and so on. But not for an event film that's definitely a major tentpole for WB. That's risky as hell. Especially with how shakey WB is right now with their DC stuff. They'd be having panic attacks if they greenlit a $200 million Western, no matter who the director is. It could be directed by Jesus.

To be clear, I love westerns. It might be my favorite genre. I just don't think any big budget ones can/will do well in 2020, unless it's Tarantino and he has his special stamp on it, and even then, Hateful Eight underperformed. Otherwise you end up getting The Lone Ranger, Cowboys & Aliens, Jonah Hex, Wild Wild West, A Million Ways to Die in the West, even The Dark Tower kind of.