TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The sexy brit is going to make another masterful masterpiece. Or at least I hope so. He can go full-on Shyamalan on us.

I can't believe we finally got news! Well... it's technically news, even though we don't and won't know anything for a while. I see all the predictions regarding cast, genre, but my only prediction is that no one will predict any aspect of it correctly. (the only other thing I can imagine is that it is really the Howard Hughes project)

I'm pretty certain it's not the Howard Hughes project, and I'm fine with that.

Bacon wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 3:29 pm
IMAX with late July release date. Pretty good chance it's a large scale action movie along the lines of Batman, Inception, and Dunkirk.

Given the announcement yesterday, I am re-visiting Dunkirk today. The photography is absolutely beautiful. Can't help but wonder what Wally Pfister is doing these days. Hoyte is doing a great job for Nolan and I bet Wally regrets giving up that job in hindsight.

Srbb wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 4:30 pm
StrayJr39 wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 11:31 am
Yeeeesssssss.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/next ... 203118713/
I dont think its true...17 July is a Wednesday and always the premiere are Friday
A. It's literally confirmed, this is not a rumor. We already have a section made for the upcoming film that you can check out.

B. July 17th of 2020 is a Friday. It's not coming out this year.

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 5:49 pm
Srbb wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 4:30 pm
StrayJr39 wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 11:31 am
Yeeeesssssss.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/next ... 203118713/
I dont think its true...17 July is a Wednesday and always the premiere are Friday
A. It's literally confirmed, this is not a rumor. We already have a section made for the upcoming film that you can check out.

B. July 17th of 2020 is a Friday. It's not coming out this year.
Plenty of films open middle of the week for God’s sake.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 4:44 pm
Bacon wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 3:29 pm
IMAX with late July release date. Pretty good chance it's a large scale action movie along the lines of Batman, Inception, and Dunkirk.

Given the announcement yesterday, I am re-visiting Dunkirk today. The photography is absolutely beautiful. Can't help but wonder what Wally Pfister is doing these days. Hoyte is doing a great job for Nolan and I bet Wally regrets giving up that job in hindsight.
I’d put actual money on the Hughes pic. Emma has been doing the Academy museum, so nostalgia might be running rampant in the Nolan house. And I’d say Karina Longworth’s Hughes Novel is also on the forefront of the movie obsessives minds. And I’m just willing to put some dollars on Bradley Cooper being on Nolan’a Short list as well. Obviously this is speculation but I just have a “feeling “

Hughes is a bad idea for a summer movie. And it's not an event film. It would be better suited for Awards Season.

July 2020 "Event" film points to big budget action.

Angus wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 6:44 pm
July 2020 "Event" film points to big budget action.
Doesn't have to be an action movie.

Nolan is never going to do a straight action movie anyway.