How much did you spend to see Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
LelekPL wrote:What are you talking about? I didn't say I didn't like it. I gave it a mostly positive review :P
I can't really take what you're saying seriously. (This is not me trying to derail the topic or criticize a member rudely). You posted it was mixed to positive and then said that you hoped another viewing would help the film's issues in your opinion, but you proudly posted in the home media thread that you weren't going to buy the film and then post here about how you never saw it a second time.

An easy way to let hype get the better of you is to watch something, be disappointed it wasn't what you expected/wanted, and then ignore it without considering trying it again for what it is.

Bacon wrote:
LelekPL wrote:What are you talking about? I didn't say I didn't like it. I gave it a mostly positive review :P
I can't really take what you're saying seriously. (This is not me trying to derail the topic or criticize a member rudely). You posted it was mixed to positive and then said that you hoped another viewing would help the film's issues in your opinion, but you proudly posted in the home media thread that you weren't going to buy the film and then post here about how you never saw it a second time.
You glossed past "mixed to POSITIVE" which clearly means I did not "not like it" as you said before. You also ommited a crucial part of my post in the home media thread, that I'll "check it out if it's on TV" - thus giving it a second chance. I don't have to buy the movie to watch it. It's 2017 :P

But as a member on a Christopher Nolan fan forum you should know the importance of seeing a film twice especially when massive amounts of hype are involved...?

I wasn't that hyped for Dunkirk to be honest. I'm not big on war movies (with some exceptions) and the first trailer left me pretty indifferent (and I never watch more than one before a film). The fantastic reviews made me excited for this but that was only a week or two before the release so too much hype definitely wasn't a factor.

I think the second viewing might help with puting all the timelines into place a bit better and more coherently, since before I saw the film I hadn't known it was going to have multiple timelines.

Dunkirk is definitely a film you need to see twice (or more) to truly appreciate. Those were my thoughts exactly after seeing it for the first time