How much did you spend to see Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote: Three showings for only $51??

Wait, you drove up there all by yourself??
Yeah, is that shocking to you? Nobody else is crazy enough to go with me. :lol:

Regarding the ticket price, it's a museum with taxpayer funding. They are not trying to ripoff people even though I believe their IMAX experience is worth a lot more than $17 per ticket. They also charged $2 for a bottled water, which is pretty reasonable given the $5 I end up paying at chain movie theaters.

Oku
It's just that a lot of people here who are making similar journeys for the movie are doing other stuff too, to make the trip even more worthwhile.

But you, you're coming straight out and saying "I drove up there just for the movie. Nothing else. No sightseeing. No vacationing. Just Dunkirk. Nothing but Dunkirk."

You're a much, much bigger fan than you let on. :lol:

okungnyo wrote:It's just that a lot of people here who are making similar journeys for the movie are doing other stuff too, to make the trip even more worthwhile.

But you, you're coming straight out and saying "I drove up there just for the movie. Nothing else. No sightseeing. No vacationing. Just Dunkirk. Nothing but Dunkirk."

I am a 1.43 IMAX fanatic and huge Nolan fan. The two together makes it worthwhile for me. :lol:

Plus it gave my car a chance to have some good highway miles. Most of my driving is 20-30 mph in the city limits. The weather was nice on Friday and Sunday, so it was a good roadtrip in both directions.

I have spent equivalent to $10 ( US ) which is twice I usually pay for near small screen.

15 USD tops.

Close to 100€

Oku
redfirebird2008 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:It's just that a lot of people here who are making similar journeys for the movie are doing other stuff too, to make the trip even more worthwhile.

I am a 1.43 IMAX fanatic and huge Nolan fan. The two together makes it worthwhile for me. :lol:

Plus it gave my car a chance to have some good highway miles. Most of my driving is 20-30 mph in the city limits. The weather was nice on Friday and Sunday, so it was a good roadtrip in both directions.
You like driving?? :lol:

What do you do while driving? Music??

I'm always scared to death of being in cars for extended periods of time because I'm afraid that some Final Destination thing will happen where a speeding truck comes out of nowhere and obliterates me or something like that.
Last edited by Oku on July 24th, 2017, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I took my dad on Sunday at 2PM, $28.36 for 2 tickets. IMAX 70mm Cinemark 17 Dallas, TX. We ate before hand and since I saw it's only an hour and 47 minutes what not, we didn't get any drinks or anything. One of the largest screens in Texas so I consider that a big win. :gonf:

Oku
kukheart wrote:I took my dad on Sunday at 2PM, $28.36 for 2 tickets. IMAX 70mm Cinemark 17 Dallas, TX. We ate before hand and since I saw it's only an hour and 47 minutes what not, we didn't get any drinks or anything. One of the largest screens in Texas so I consider that a big win. :gonf:
What did you and your dad think of it?

I remember when I took my dad to see The Dark Knight Rises and he walked out of that theater huffing and puffing, pissed at the fact that I would dare waste two hours of his life "on a kiddie action figure movie". :lol:

About 8$ for 70mm IMAX.