How many times have you seen Dunkirk?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Now twice - once in 70mm IMAX film, and one in what I think was IMAX Laser Digital (aspect ratio was almost as tall as the film viewing).
Was it IMAX Laser or IMAX digital? They are two different things.
How is laser not a digital format? In Anton's diagram, Laser is the first format listed in the digital column.
http://i.imgur.com/Vg93pAN.jpg

My first viewing was on 70mm IMAX film.

My second viewing was at Downingtown's IMAX which Fandango only called IMAX 2D (not a film showing). My image was as tall in aspect as the first image Anton shows in the Digital column of this poster, and he calls it Laser. I must have seen 1.43/1 aspect Laser.
Last edited by dormouse7 on July 25th, 2017, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just once, on a completely new 4k laser screen. But they still didn't have the image fit the entire screen, which triggered me so much. And they forgot to turn off the lights above the exits before like an hour into the film. Sound was insane though.

Twice. Once in the best way at Lincoln Square 13, and another time at an extremely cheap theatre that was DCP. Funnily enough the cheap theatre had better sound because it wasn't oversaturated in sub-bass so that you can't hear shit.

Saw it for the second time today. Loved it just as much as the first time.

1st - 70mm IMAX on Thursday night
2nd - 70mm (non-IMAX) Friday morning
3rd - Digital (non-IMAX, regular DCP) Monday
4th - 70mm IMAX today (Wednesday)

3 times

Twice in digital LIE-MAX
Once in 70mm (fucking gorgeous)

Four, so far.

Twice, second time was even better. I teared up near the end. It's Hoyte van Hoytema's fault.

Twice

1st in digital IMAX
2nd in 70mm Film

I will see it at least one more time. After 2 viewings for me, it is still a masterpiece, and I'm still blown away by all aspects of this film.