Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Forum Pro
Law
cool I'm seeing it the next day so like whatever

As a journalist, I watched Dunkirk this morning in Paris. I can't you tell too much because there's an embargo until next monday. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed (it's an understatement).

The narrative structure is really creative and interesting but flowing. It's really intense from the start to the end. You're almost exhausted and disoriented when you go out. And it's a real Nolan movie, full of dilemmas.

Mark Rylance is huge and the sound is incredible.

What about Hardy?

YFR3 wrote:As a journalist, I watched Dunkirk this morning in Paris. I can't you tell too much because there's an embargo until next monday. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed (it's an understatement).

The narrative structure is really creative and interesting but flowing. It's really intense from the start to the end. You're almost exhausted and disoriented when you go out. And it's a real Nolan movie, full of dilemmas.

rating/ranking?

thanks for posting!

-Vader

Pretty sure journalists and other advanced screeners are not allowed to rank yet or reveal spoilers.

dormouse7 wrote:Pretty sure journalists and other advanced screeners are not allowed to rank yet or reveal spoilers.
Some are on SM. Doubt it's specifically included in embargo.

-Vader

YFR3 wrote:As a journalist, I watched Dunkirk this morning in Paris. I can't you tell too much because there's an embargo until next monday. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed (it's an understatement).

Wow thanks!

Really curious how much Cillian is in it and what he gets to do?

dormouse7 wrote:Pretty sure journalists and other advanced screeners are not allowed to rank yet or reveal spoilers.
In France, we're not allowed to review the movie yet. But I can give you my general feeling.

Allstar wrote:

Really curious how much Cillian is in it and what he gets to do?
Can't tell you too much about him without spoiling.