Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Master Virgo wrote:Minorities really. Most people prefer Interstellar from what we can say and it's a massively popular film.£
I wish I could say it doesn't exist but those criticisms of Interstellar do exist online from non-critics. I've seen a lot of people embrace Dunkirk for the lack of dialogue that those people hated in Interstellar. That's not how I feel about Interstellar but it's out there. I agree it is a popular film but it's also a divisive film. Probably Nolan's most divisive.

Oku

okungnyo wrote:Rotten Tomatoes score is down to 92% (from 93%) and Average Rating is down to 8.6 (from 8.7), probably because one of the two recently-added Rotten reviews gave it an F rating :| : https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dunkirk_2017/reviews/
Top Critics is what counts and this thing still has a freaking high 9/10 average rating.

Wait, that guy is an actual critic?

Who gave that guy a job, and why does RT publish him?

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Wait, that guy is an actual critic?

Who gave that guy a job, and why does RT publish him?
OMG that is one of the worst reviews I've ever seen.

Also talks about Dunkirk

Anyone else pronounce Tomatometer not as "Tomato-meter" but rather "Tomeh-TOM-itter"?

Pioneerr wrote:Also talks about Dunkirk

Honestly this is a video more of the general public needs to see.

Dunkirk has 350 reviews counted on RT. Don't think I've seen a film have so many reviews counted.

It surprised me when that video said RT has some 3,000 reviewers. You'd think there would be some film that every reviewer would just want to jump on, or at least half of them (not saying Dunkirk would be the film, but for Dunkirk to have the "most" in that regard only at 350 is bizarre then).