Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

wow, can't even break the top 2

what a hack

Lmao, RT really needs to stop ranking stuff based on their moronic metric. That is so not the order of the best reviewed movies of the year.£

I like that it's weighted, because at least there's an ounce of logic to what they do.

Otherwise, a film with only 3 reviews that are all positive make it 100% while a film with 200 reviews will be like 86%, and saying the former was "better reviewed" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Cilogy wrote:I like that it's weighted, because at least there's an ounce of logic to what they do.

Otherwise, a film with only 3 reviews that are all positive make it 100% while a film with 200 reviews will be like 86%, and saying the former was "better reviewed" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Strange, I did the same thing (obviously a different metric) with Lady Bird coming out on top.

Dunkirk has surpassed Call Me By Your Name and The Florida Project, to become #3 among the most mentioned titles in critics' top ten lists in the latest update.

https://criticstop10.com

£

This is like Nolan’s fourth film to crack the top 5. Insanely awesome. I quickly glanced at all the lists from the 21st century, I think he might be the first director to do so. I could be wrong though, I did see quite a few from the Coen brothers and Martin Scorsese.

Oku
JeremyJahns apparently is on Rotten Tomatoes now, and his Rotten review of Dunkirk was added to the site and brought down Dunkirk's score from 93% to 92%.