Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Not a professional critic, but anyone wanna bet that Doug Walker is gonna dislike this movie? I'd be shocked if he ends up saying that it's anything better than okay.

Doug Walker's opinions on Nolan films are useless.

TomsWindow wrote:Not a professional critic, but anyone wanna bet that Doug Walker is gonna dislike this movie? I'd be shocked if he ends up saying that it's anything better than okay.
I do think he'll like how accurate it is to source material. He doesn't like when Nolan is too realistic with his fictional works when he can create whatever he wants, but when he is basing something off of a true event he'll understand the liberties to which he went.

He won't like that characters don't develop though, especially through dialogue. That, or maybe he'll get into the "silent film" vibe this has going for it.

So I went to the premiere of the film and it was a Rendy V. Fangirl experience....it was something. It was a mess. A total mess. Friggin girls w/o tix camped out for two nights and waited for the red carpet to start so they can see Harry. I went to one Nolan premiere and it was Interstellar and it was a lot of fun where I got to meet so many people including this amazing pic of Anne Hathaway and I

But what am I complaining about?

Christopher Nolan. Dunkirk. No further introduction is necessary. Let's cut the bull. Here’s the review. This is going to be a pretty short review because the lesser you know, the better.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//dunkirk-review

Austin Chronicle 100% on MC and Boston Globe 88%.

96%/39 24x100% reviews

BFCA Critics Choice increased again to 87/100. Previously 80/100 and then 85/100.

rjones1325 wrote:So I went to the premiere of the film and it was a Rendy V. Fangirl experience....it was something. It was a mess. A total mess. Friggin girls w/o tix camped out for two nights and waited for the red carpet to start so they can see Harry. I went to one Nolan premiere and it was Interstellar and it was a lot of fun where I got to meet so many people including this amazing pic of Anne Hathaway and I

But what am I complaining about?

Christopher Nolan. Dunkirk. No further introduction is necessary. Let's cut the bull. Here’s the review. This is going to be a pretty short review because the lesser you know, the better.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//dunkirk-review
You lucky boy

Two rotten reviews in a row posted. Tomatometer is now 94%.

Crap