Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
97%
86/3

Miles wrote:97%
86/3
Good!

97%
87/3
:gonf:

Honest question: Why are people so worried where it ends up at on MC or RT? At this point its rated fresh, its getting rave reviews. You are most likely going to love it. Its going to be an awesome film, so why worry so much about where it finally ends up on RT? Like I've seen people say that only once it gets to a certain number will they be able to breath easily? I don't understand the stress!

Anyways. These reviews are awesome.

fenwayconnor wrote:Honest question: Why are people so worried where it ends up at on MC or RT? At this point its rated fresh, its getting rave reviews. You are most likely going to love it. Its going to be an awesome film, so why worry so much about where it finally ends up on RT? Like I've seen people say that only once it gets to a certain number will they be able to breath easily? I don't understand the stress!

Anyways. These reviews are awesome.
You're not just asking people who haven't seen the film. I have seen the film, have rated it an 8.7/10 myself, but would love to see it get public press and large numbers at the box office... because I want Nolan to always have creative control of every single thing he does, and he is due for something from the Academy. I'd like for him to be recognized as a real household name. Not just one that the Internet knows about.

I also love when his directorial influence spreads to other films. It does often, and I'd like for that to continue. Less CGI in Hollywood, please! Make simple be the new complex. Nolan knows what's up with that, and critical/box office success can help point to that more often than not.

97%
88/3

Oku
Seriously your avatar is perfect for what you are doing. :lol:

Seeing this in 90 minutes, surreal

How are you all seeing this today?! I'm not seeing it till tomorrow night :evil:

The fact that it is getting such incredible reviews makes me think that an Internet backlash is likely inevitable, especially since there is already a large crowd of people online who think that Nolan is overrated.

I can see it being similar to Mad Max: Fury Road and all it's detractors going, "It's so overrated! There was no character development! It was just one big chase movie!"