Dunkirk Official Reviews Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
kris9512 wrote:Reality is setting in. I predict a low 90s RT score by the end. Same with MT. Still, great score.
>low 90's
OH THE HORROR!!!!!

I actually think its gonna end up between 92% and 97% on RT with an average rating between 8.4 and 9.
A bit optimistic but I still think its possible lol

Spert wrote:Wasnt even on my radar but the 100 just added was from SF Chronicle
SF Chron was 50 on both Interstellar and TDKR, so that's a massive improvement.

kris9512 wrote:Reality is setting in. I predict a low 90s RT score by the end. Same with MT. Still, great score.
The important thing is that it's getting excellent reviews. RT score will not matter once Friday comes around.

If it manages to stay above 90 on RT and MC, I'd be ecstatic (above 80 would already be great). I don't think most of us predicted this kind of reception.

lol I just want this to be his highest rated film on RT so people who like to say that "Nolan's prime is behind him" or that he's on a "downward spiral" will stfu.

Everybody is talking about the RT score, but keep in mind that the imdb page for movies will only show the MC score, which means that most people will see the MC and the imdb users rating.

RT will only be relevant for the first few days, but after that it'll be the imdb page and word of mouth....

The visceral nature of the film will drive word of mouth. What we care about is that this thing makes enough money for WB to continue writing blank checks to Mr. Nolan.

Yeh i would love to see Nolan make a 3 hour 150+ million dollar horror film or something

This guy literally has the green light to make anything right now and its truly a gift when a director you like can do anything he wants

With these types of reviews I'm gonna go ahead and say there is 0% chance this movie underperforms so hard that Nolan will lose his freedom working with WB.

Sanchez wrote:With these types of reviews I'm gonna go ahead and say there is 0% chance this movie underperforms so hard that Nolan will lose his freedom working with WB.
I think its pretty much expected it will atleast make 400m+

Which will be a profit

Plus then you get all the awards buzz

WB would be happy with that