Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
One of the comments below Vader's review... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I don't know how many times you saw the movie, Brendan, or whether you had access to the script, but much of the plot that you describe in your piece is completely opaque to the viewer, because at least 80 percent of the dialogue is unintelligible. "Abstract," indeed.

ChristMAX wrote:One of the comments below Vader's review... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I don't know how many times you saw the movie, Brendan, or whether you had access to the script, but much of the plot that you describe in your piece is completely opaque to the viewer, because at least 80 percent of the dialogue is unintelligible. "Abstract," indeed.
Lol. What a stupid bastard.

Vader182 wrote:Overall, hulk's piece is wonderful but not sure he's right about Nolan's approach to love. I've read most of the big pieces out there.

Personally, I'm a lot more interested in how Nolan uses fractal narrative structures (a Tesseract is essentially a fractal structure) to find new ways to tell a story. It's somewhat similar to what David Foster Wallace did with Infinite Jest with a Sierpinski Triangle.

-Vader
He may or may not be right but his hypothesis seems plausible. Nolan's approach to love is often through loss, anguish, despair and his dialogues in some intimate scenes are kinda awkward.

His structuring game is top notch tho.

Update

I ordered the names of the members who have given the film a perfect score in a way that regular members with reviews will be on top spots, since I guess those are the ones people will look for the most in the future.

£

The more I think about it, the more powerful and endlessly impressive this film gets. Virgo, I'm changing my rating from a 9.6 to a 9.8.

This rating may even change after my 4th viewing when I get home.

It is a perfect film so... You know what that means 8-)

Nomis wrote:It is a perfect film so... You know what that means 8-)
Gotta treat it like an Olympic dive or a Blu-ray transfer. "Perfect to its intent" is only half of it.

Went and saw it again today, this time on IMAX Laser. Absolutely stunning, and I'd put it right alongside Memento and The Dark Knight as my favorite of Nolan's films. The first time I gave it 4.5/5, but after today's viewing I'm giving it 5/5.

Although the one week timeline really does feel like a couple of days.

HorrorBiz wrote:Although the one week timeline really does feel like a couple of days.
Well technically that's what a week is :P It's a couple of days. 7 to be exact ;)

LelekPL wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:Although the one week timeline really does feel like a couple of days.
Well technically that's what a week is :P It's a couple of days. 7 to be exact ;)
Okay, it feels like three days.