Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:I honestly think this is Nolan's worst movie. This is even worse than following.
lmao

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. Unlike anything I've ever seen and I mean it. See this in the biggest screen and best sound possible. Everything was just done to perfection especially the editing and sound design. The incoming german planes and gunfire were truly terrifying. Also, to people who said this has no emotion I was god damn emotional by the end which was accompanied by Zimmer's amazing score. Im still shaking from what I saw.

Im gonna say this is a perfect 5/5 (my rating) and I stand by it.

10/10 NFometer

Bacon wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:I honestly think this is Nolan's worst movie. This is even worse than following.
lmao

As a perfectionist I always have a hard time understanding how someone can actually call something (a film no less) "perfect" . Perfection is mythic, it is unattainable, and there's always room for improvement, so I've always been a bit baffled by the 100 scores on Metacritic or 5/5, 4/4, etc star ratings on RT. The highest I've ever rated a film is 98 and that was Alfred Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'.
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on July 21st, 2017, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

lcbaseball22 wrote:As a perfectionist I always have a hard time understanding how someone can actually call something (a film no less) "perfect" . Perfection is mythic, it is unattainable, and there's always room for improvement, so I've always been a bit baffled by the 100 scores on Metacritic or 5/5, 4/4, etc star ratings. The highest I've ever rated a film is 98 and that was Hithcock's 'Rear Window'.

I totally get this idea, but to me something can be perfect if it has a huge impact on me after and during viewing

I'm also having a real hard time seeing how people can find this flat out bad?

One of the best all around movies I've ever seen. The cast is all in top notch form and everything in the film does a good job of making you feel like you are in that time period. Easily one of the most tense movies ever for me, thanks to the great chemistry of Nolan and Zimmer (both of which I'd almost bet money on them getting nominations at the Oscars).
How Nolan transports the characters to the next part of action is so smooth and not forced that it's remarkable. One thing I loved was the aerial combat and how barely any of it was CGI (or maybe there was quite a bit but it was that damn good). I also love how the plane attacks were almost like a horrifying monster attack and made me think, "Wow, I never realized how freaking terrifying this would be to have a plane trying to kill me and diving at me until now." To me Harry Styles was a revelation, I don't know if I'd say he was one of the best but he did a great job, especially in the tense scene where he wants to get the guy that he thinks is a German to climb the ladder first.
Great direction, great atmosphere, great action, great sound, great soundtrack, great acting, great special effects, sign me up for a 10/10.

lcbaseball22 wrote:As a perfectionist I always have a hard time understanding how someone can actually call something (a film no less) "perfect" . Perfection is mythic, it is unattainable, and there's always room for improvement, so I've always been a bit baffled by the 100 scores on Metacritic or 5/5, 4/4, etc star ratings on RT. The highest I've ever rated a film is 98 and that was Alfred Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'.
How about "flawless" then? I know why "perfect" sounds bad, because that might also mean "greatest." But flawless can just mean "without flaws."

rbej wrote:The Best Nolan film, the best war movie, the best movie all time. My mind is DESTROYED!!.

Metacritic and RT say true:

Dunkirk is fucking MASTERPIECE!!.
Nice!

Update

£

This movie is divisive among fans.I think this will age better than the dark knight rises and interstellar.