Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Excellent movie overall. I wish that Nolan wasn't so focused on avoiding showing the Nazis and that the scale had been a little larger, but overall, a thrillride with great, suspenseful action. A return to form after the disappointing Interstellar. 9/10.

Can you change my rating to 9/10 (from 8.5/10).

Now that I know the lines I missed, and know how the timeline views of other timelines confused me. I plan to see it again this week.

Great movie

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:Great movie
Don't strangle yourself with too many words.

Rating?

Finished 3rd viewing.... it's now a 10/10 for me. Thank you

So is NOBODY willing to answer the simple question of whether or not this film has the traditional Nolan 3rd act twist? I see this forum hasn't changed much, thus why I rarely post here.

From audience reactions, my hypothesis without having seen the film yet is that there is no traditional Nolan 3rd act twist.

Imaginatio wrote:So is NOBODY willing to answer the simple question of whether or not this film has the traditional Nolan 3rd act twist? I see this forum hasn't changed much, thus why I rarely post here.

From audience reactions, my hypothesis without having seen the film yet is that there is no traditional Nolan 3rd act twist.
I don't think this should be in the Reviews forum, also, why are you eager to spoil it so much?
No, there is no big third act twist.

Saw it tonight. Wow. One of the most visceral movies I've seen in a long time. Don't know a final rating yet but temporarily 9.5/10. I really want to see it again. Saw it in 70mm.

Imaginatio wrote:So is NOBODY willing to answer the simple question of whether or not this film has the traditional Nolan 3rd act twist? I see this forum hasn't changed much, thus why I rarely post here.

I mean it's a war movie based on actual events. It's history. Don't know how you can make a twist out of an historical event. Not unless you distort some stuff and stylize the shit out of the film, which was never advertised for this. Nolan said it many times this is going to be more of an experience-piece. So I don't think anyone expected a third act twist.

You should go see the film for yourself instead of asking stuff like that.