Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
So far the audience and film fans' reactions have been pretty good if not great. We'll see how it goes from here.£

Master Virgo wrote:So far the audience and film fans' reactions have been pretty good if not great. We'll see how it goes from here.£
Yeah this weekend on the b.o. will be one of the more interesting ones.

mosh89 wrote:This movie is divisive among fans.I think this will age better than the dark knight rises and interstellar.
I havent really seen any* divisiveness yet. Everyone in our screening loved it, my buddies who arent film people loved it, twitter is loving it.
Last edited by xWhereAmI? on July 21st, 2017, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
mosh89 wrote:This movie is divisive among fans.I think this will age better than the dark knight rises and interstellar.
I havent really seen and divisiveness yet. Everyone in our screening loved it, my buddies who arent film people loved it, twitter is loving it.
Also the film has a 90% on RT(audience)

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
xWhereAmI? wrote:
I havent really seen and divisiveness yet. Everyone in our screening loved it, my buddies who arent film people loved it, twitter is loving it.
I was listening for reactions in my theater, too and heard nothing negative. One man said that it wasn't what he was expecting but he thought it was really good. I overheard two girls talking about Harry's character being mean but "so good" lol. Another man was very impressed with the dogfight scenes and the person he was talking to said it looked too real and impressive to be CGI. The only negative comment I heard was from a small boy complaining that it was too loud.

I don't have a lot of time atm but I saw it last night in digi-IMAX. Will write a large review soon. As for now my rating:

10/10

In India reaction is very good Domestic, movie ticket booking website called bookmyshow.com has very good rating. Seeing this evening.

Saw in IMAX Laser yesterday at the air and space museum in chantilly. What an experience. The sound design I think was the best I ever heard in a movie. Everyone jumped a little bit in their seats when there was gunfire. I went in knowing
that it took place in three timelines but was thrown off when I saw Cillian's character at nighttime on the small boat.
From a technical standpoint in terms of sound and cinematography it was a masterpiece.

My only gripe with the film was some of the editing choices. I think a few people mentioned this especially when
it cut away from the last dive bomber and then cut back when Tom Hardy's character shot it down. For me the momentum of the scene was lost with that edit. Although I didn't mind the non linearity by the end of the film, I do wonder how the film would've played out with audiences who didn't like it if it were linear.
9/10 for me

On a side note, the air and space museum is right next to the airport. When we got out of our screening a plane was touching down right above our heads and was really loud. One dude screamed "ITS COMING BACK AROUND GET DOWN!!!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that. Heard nothing negative coming out the theatre by the way. One comment I heard was "I'd never watch that movie for fun because it was too intense"

More questions/confusions
1. Back to this one.. OF COURSE I knew which ship was Cillian's WHEN Cillian was on it, and which plane was Collins' when Collins was in it. Both my husband and I were confused by some aerial shots, unable to tell whether a sinking boat was Cillian's, unable to tell if a downed plane was Collin's. I think there were aerial shots over the sea that were not AIR scenes, and it was confusing to see things aerially out of time sequence w/ AIR.

2. What the heck happened at the end in the shot-up trawler? it was too blurry underwater. It seemed like Alex attacked Gibson and kept him from the ladder? Wikipedia says instead that Gibson caught his ankle in a chain and drowns?

Second viewing for me first score was 10 and second score is 10!I loved it even more the second time.The structure made sense this time round and came together so perfectly. Going back for 3 rd tomorrow. Ps i saw interstellar and tdkr 14 times in the cinema i hope to beat this record.But i missed the dark knight and inception:(..For those who feel mixed i urge you to see it the second time with a free mind and no expectations. I assure you it will grow on you!.