Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Anyone ever been in a film where you heard so many more whisperings of "Oh shit..." around you than from any other audience? :lol:
Maybe you were hearing me.

dormouse7 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Anyone ever been in a film where you heard so many more whisperings of "Oh shit..." around you than from any other audience? :lol:
Maybe you were hearing me.
Don't get me wrong, I did it myself. Not the second time around though of course, though I got to pay attention to it more.

It's just funny how it's pretty much like a universal reaction, kind of thing.

The biggest "oh shit" moment for me was when Farrier destroyed that Stuka at the end and he flew above the beaches while everyone was chreering

Willem wrote:
The biggest "oh shit" moment for me was when Farrier destroyed that Stuka at the end and he flew above the beaches while everyone was chreering
I mean the whispering ones, though. The ones where something tense happens and you begin to brace yourself. Something where you can hear it from the audience because the film is quiet enough.

Example...
When Farrier's plane runs out of fuel.

The oil sequence git Alot of "Oh Shit" gasps in my theater.

NotoriousWolf wrote: The oil sequence git Alot of "Oh Shit" gasps in my theater.
fyi - I believe the soldier who was shown underwater looking up at the surface flames was an A&SH soldier played by Brian Vernel. He also played the Scottish gang leader Baka'tik who confronted Han Solo in Force Awakens, and was recently on a Doctor Who as (I think) a young Roman soldier.

Too many things to say about the film.

Saw it twice today and I had mixed feelings the first time I watched, but the second time was perfect. I think with Dunkirk it happens the same to me as with Interstellar. Both get better by the time you keep watching them. I could be talking about it the whole day. Watching it again on Sunday. My score is 9.5/10 :D.

missidcullen wrote:Too many things to say about the film.

Saw it twice today and I had mixed feelings the first time I watched, but the second time was perfect. I think with Dunkirk it happens the same to me as with Interstellar. Both get better by the time you keep watching them. I could be talking about it the whole day. Watching it again on Sunday. My score is 9.5/10 :D.
This. I think Dunkirk is a film that will age over time. I didn't really like TDKR when i first watched it. But I've watched it a couple times now and i freaking love that movie.

Just back and absolutely loved it.

Only watched it at a normal cinema but the sound was still crazy loud. Was really surprised with the amount of old people in the cinema. Hardy and Rylance were the stand out's for me, Would rate it 9/10 and can't wait to see it again.

Saw it again tonight - IMAX 70mm ... the acoustics were much better. Felt like it was more heart pounding this time around. Hard to explain. 8.8 / 10 ... hope Nolan picks up a trophy.