Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Really wanted to wait for my 2nd viewing before I gave a rating but I've stewed on it long enough regardless.

10/10.

Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this is pretty much a perfect film.

MyCocaine wrote:
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:Great movie
Don't strangle yourself with too many words.

Rating?
8/10

Saw it tonight in 70mm. Lean and focused, I think it's Nolan's best film in close to a decade. I was very moved by the conclusion, and the nearly full theater I saw it in clapped at the end of it. Next time I plan to see it in IMAX.

My rating: 4.5/5

10/10

Saw it in 70mm. Incredible film.

Most experimental movie by Nolan..The lack of dialogue or backstory did not bother me at all.
The movie did confuse me at some points due to its non linear story line
..I loved what I saw but did not fully understand what exactly happened! Which is a good thing..Love when a movie challenges you to think.. I had the same feeling when I first watched Inception.Definitely need repeat viewings! The music and sound editing was amazing! Had the most beautiful shots Ive ever seen in a Nolan movie..You cannot watch Dunkirk you have to experience it!

9/10 :clap:

So after two viewings (both in 70mm IMAX at Indianapolis White River IMAX) and finally catching up with everyone's posts, I'm ready to give my reaction:

FUCK.

9/10.

This one really took me a while to process to be honest, and I'm not sure I fully have yet either. That said, I can't stress enough how important a second viewing is. Having that familiarity with the structure and then being able to focus on the details is paramount.
The aerial sequences were superb and really stood out for me. That ending with Tom Hardy was really powerful - although I'm still kind of confused on that last shot with Fionn and what the significance of that is.
I'll probably post more thought-out reactions later, I'm a bit tired from reading everyone else's.

Oh, and I met Vader at the first showing in Indianapolis (that's me on the right):

Vader's feet look weird

I'm about to board a flight back home, so I'll elaborate on my thoughts when they are actually running consistently. But in short, it's a movie experience that I will never forget.

9/10

Update

£