Dunkirk Nolan Fans Member Reviews (NFometer)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:Anyone else think the color grading was really inconsistent?
i don't think it's the grading itself as much as it is the conditions in which they were shooting

Hoyte basically said they figured out very early on that the lighting on the beach changed constantly, and it would be impossible to control, so they just gave up
Mostly that. Which was weird to see sometimes BUT that is how the typical weather goes in that area.
Ask anyone living near the Netherlands/Belgium & the border of France/Belgium :lol:

The skies were changing all the time. It's not an error.

Sysmatic wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:Anyone else think the color grading was really inconsistent?
i don't think it's the grading itself as much as it is the conditions in which they were shooting

Hoyte basically said they figured out very early on that the lighting on the beach changed constantly, and it would be impossible to control, so they just gave up
Mostly that. Which was weird to see sometimes BUT that is how the typical weather goes in that area.
Ask anyone living near the Netherlands/Belgium & the border of France/Belgium :lol:
I can definitely confirm this. It can be sunny while raining at the same time. :crazy:
Or sunny in the morning and be raining cats and dogs an hour later and vice versa, it's really annoying cuz you don't know how to dress yourself. And no matter the season, I always carry an umbrella just in case.

Just got back from my second viewing. This time it was a 4K projection. The film is absolutely stunning and works even better the second time. Especially with the Dawsons since you now know from the beginning why they get so emotional trying to save Collins.

This film is just pitch perfect on every level. It is Nolan's best, everyone involved delivered their best work. This is one for the ages.

Still a big fat 10/10

fuck it i wanted to pull a prank and make you think i disliked it because im too lazy to write a review but im too lazy to make pranks too

Cilogy how do you do it?

so you gotta really commit to it and kinda make it sound so extreme that people would have to think it's a joke ... you worthless Bulgarian filth

Cilogy wrote:so you gotta really commit to it and kinda make it sound so extreme that people would have to think it's a joke ... you worthless Bulgarian filth

prince's insecurity aside,

The grade does vary a lot. In Act II when they're trying to get off the beach with rowboats it goes from green to neutral to green to neutral and back again several times.

-Vader

the lesbian art dealer agrees with me so it's true

Yeah! While watching the film it caught me off guard but later when I thought about it I figured it wasn't happening at the same exact time so it shows that time has passed.
The contrast between those two shots for example:
But man the first shot and everything they shot on that day are absolutely gorgeous!

What kinda bothered me though is some of the aerial shots. One shot was bright (blue water and blue sky) and then you get a much darker shot (close to sunset kind of look).
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 28th, 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.