[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
redfirebird2008 wrote:If the person disliked it that much, I'm surprised he/she expects it to receive a good critical reception.
Yeah... I mean, not liking it could be perfectly reasonable (and perhaps films with war settings aren't his/her thing), but the way he/she describes it as "slow moving" contradicts what we've heard about the film, and that's from multiple sources.

Since we know nothing about this person, there's nothing to believe right now.

Just a troll, not interesting to give them any attention. Next.

Oku
I asked whether I can share his/her name in private, and sadly: :(
Prefer you still didn't.
redfirebird2008 wrote:If the person disliked it that much, I'm surprised he/she expects it to receive a good critical reception.
I asked him/her about this, and this is what he/she said:
Personal preference I think on my score. It just didn't connect with me. It seemed a bit divided from all the people who saw it that I work with as well. Many had the same thoughts as me, a few were much higher on it. I'm guessing critics will really like this movie from a technical standpoint and maybe be higher due to it being Nolan. Fwiw, I loved Interstellar.
Innovator wrote:
Yeah... I mean, not liking it could be perfectly reasonable (and perhaps films with war settings aren't his/her thing), but the way he/she describes it as "slow moving" contradicts what we've heard about the film, and that's from multiple sources.

Since we know nothing about this person, there's nothing to believe right now.
In the second quote I posted above, he/she explains by "slow-moving", he/she meant not that the film is slowly-paced, but that....
...the film is non-linear and keeps going back to the same events and showing them from different vantage points.

Now I personally think that is a really cool thing to do in a war movie.

But for someone like this particular person, who wants the plot to move in a forward direction and not keep showing the same event again and again, that might be considered "slow-moving"--again, not in that there's nothing happening, but in the sense that the plot doesn't progress.
Of course, the person could be lying about the structure of the movie.

We will know in two weeks' time.

Edit: removed a stray space and a pointless "But"
Last edited by Oku on July 6th, 2017, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Hmmmm... "A slower moving film".
Literally everything i've read, seen, or heard about this movie says the complete opposite.
THIS. The single most credible reaction so far was what Steve from Collider reported earlier this week, when he said he's spoken to multiple people who have seen it and they ALL said "edge of your seat the entire time." Idk how that interpretation of pace could be on such opposite ends of the spectrum. Unless this person is making shit up.

Oku
The two are not contradictory, read my post above yours! :)

okungnyo wrote:The two are not contradictory, read my post above yours! :)
I read it. Again, I'm going with credibility: Collider > Reddit user

Oku
I agree with you there.

This is just the opinion of one person, after all, while Mr. Weintraub‏ said he talked to multiple people.

So yes, in terms of credibility and accountability, "Collider > Reddit user" absolutely.

I didn't want to give him/her more attention, but I'm curious. Since he/she already answered a spoiler-y question about the ending, ask him/her where and how does the story begin? I will have to assume he/she doesn't have a copy of Joshua Levine's book.

Well not everyone is going to like the movie.Lets wait and judge for ourselves.I know people who hate every Nolan movie .I think this will be a movie that will grow on people as time goes by .

Oku
Innovator wrote:I didn't want to give him/her more attention, but I'm curious. Since he/she already answered a spoiler-y question about the ending, ask him/her where and how does the story begin? I will have to assume he/she doesn't have a copy of Joshua Levine's book.
I don't think the book spoils the opening? Only the end.

Anyway, asked and waiting.
mosh89 wrote:Well not everyone is going to like the movie.Lets wait and judge for ourselves.I know people who hate every Nolan movie .I think this will be a movie that will grow on people as time goes by .
Absolutely!