Rotten Tomatoes Predictions

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
sebal24 wrote:
Ruth wrote:21%

79%
Don't you mean "You complete me."??
Yeah! Those were very poor choice of words.

77%

Oku
Vader182 wrote:If I was betting and could have a few points either way I'd say 87%-93% if I'm feeling optimistic. How critics respond to Nolan movies is a bizarre thing to predict.

Interstellar lost him a LOT of public support.

-Vader
Among critics or among the general public?

Because any time Interstellar is mentioned among non-cinephiles, it's only positive comments.

To be honest everyone I speak that has watched Interstellar loved it...

okungnyo wrote:
Vader182 wrote:If I was betting and could have a few points either way I'd say 87%-93% if I'm feeling optimistic. How critics respond to Nolan movies is a bizarre thing to predict.

Interstellar lost him a LOT of public support.

-Vader
Among critics or among the general public?

Because any time Interstellar is mentioned among non-cinephiles, it's only positive comments.
critics

-Vader

This is cat crap

Everything critics have disliked Nolan films for in the past appears to be rekindled here, namely the expositional dialogue and long run times (partially because of said dialogue).

I see this being high up there, but I think most critics going into it will think "war movie," thus will think "Hacksaw Ridge," which leads to "bloody violence," which this film won't contain much of. Hopefully that's not what they'll do, but should they choose to I think that could weigh it down.

I think it will be impossible because all it takes is one (*cough* Armond White *cough*), but I think it will be in the mid-to-high 90s if it is as excellent of a ride as it's made out to be.

Michaelf2225 wrote:i think the top critics score will be significantly higher than the overall average
That has only happened for one Nolan movie - Insomnia, and it wasn't even significantly higher. I don't see why the top critics would view this differently as his other movies.

I'm going for 78% overall.

77%

Low 70s would be a safe bet. Since this movie is all action you can bet there will be a good number of hater reviewers.