Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Wow. Just Wow. Give Hoyte the Oscar.

NotoriousWolf wrote:Wow. Just Wow. Give Hoyte the Oscar.
If he doesn't get a nomination for his movie, they might as well never give him a nomination. Stunning work from Hoyte in this film.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
NotoriousWolf wrote:Wow. Just Wow. Give Hoyte the Oscar.
If he doesn't get a nomination for his movie, they might as well never give him a nomination. Stunning work from Hoyte in this film.
Jesus. There were some shots in this film, that made my jaw drop.

If he gets a nomination i'd be happy.

Oku
Law wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
Law wrote:He's talking about the moonstone passing by a destroyer.
Yes, yes, exactly. I rewatched a bootleg of a prologue to remember, and I've seen this shot at the end.

See, I remembered it incorrectly. It was Moonstone passing through it, not soldiers watching from the beach. But it was showed from the lower point, from the Moonstone. It was like this destroyer was Bane from TDKR, if this analogy is to the place.

Here:

Were they really not in the film?

Law
The first shot wasn't and in the film the entire thing is at a different angle if I remember correctly

Oku
Yeah, it was the other way around; the Moonstone was going right instead of left.

So the shot was flipped? But the "D36" doesn't seem flipped.

Hmm...I wonder what is going on here. :lol:

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I know it's already been said, but that ending with Tom Hardy was fucking gorgeous and one of the best shots Nolan has ever done.

Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
This whole film is like a gigantic, beautiful IMAX sized painting. But as of now, my FAVORITE shot is
the opening with the soldiers walking and the fliers falling down around them

Favorite shot was
The plane heading towards the beach trying to land. And mostly any ariel shot

Those two are great. I'll think long and hard about my favorite shot, but let me throw out the one where...
... you almost get to see that one boat tip over sideways in its entirety, uncut.