Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The experience in 1.43 IMAX Laser was incredible. Even the regular 70mm stuff looked great. Hoyte damn well better receive an Oscar nomination and I think it's very possible he is going to pull the rug out from under Deakins. I've got two more Laser IMAX viewings scheduled this weekend. :D

> Pfister

Cilogy wrote:> Pfister

Oku
I'm confused, what does Mr. Pfister have to do with this??

okungnyo wrote:
I'm confused, what does Mr. Pfister have to do with this??
...he's saying Hoytema's work here is greater than Pfister's work.

Oku
Thanks. Yes, I would agree with that.

okungnyo wrote:
90Batman90 wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:so the
shots of Hardy at the end

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
not just the shot but the combination of Fionn's speech, the music, the whole landing scene... but for real....I'M REALLY DESPERATE TO FIND THAT FULL QUOTE :lol: :lol: :lol:
What full quote?
when fionn is reading the news in the train with harry and tom hardy is landing on the beach. that quote was just so beautiful the whole scene was incredible

Oku
That was a real speech called "We shall fight on the beaches".

Yeah, Alex asks Tommy to read the article in the newspaper out loud because Alex can't handle reading about the huge 'disaster'.

they just different, man