Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nolan is old school. Once you have fucked him over you will never work with him again.
Al Pacino, Brad Pitt and Jude Law. Nolan doesn't give a shit. Just imagine Pfister going up to Nolan to reveal his betrayal and Nolan staring straight into his eyes with contempt. I almost expected Nolan to give Pfister the 'Kiss of Death'. Perhaps, that would have been too theatrical. Also, lol at Pfister trying to secure a backup plan in case it didn't work out :lol: I remember seeing an interview with Pfister for Transcendence and he was asked a question about Nolan and suddenly he got all weird.
I really don't think, that they're talking together. Nolan just cut him off.

MyCocaine wrote:Nolan is old school. Once you have fucked him over you will never work with him again.
Al Pacino, Brad Pitt and Jude Law. Nolan doesn't give a shit. Just imagine Pfister going up to Nolan to reveal his betrayal and Nolan staring straight into his eyes with contempt. I almost expected Nolan to give Pfister the 'Kiss of Death'. Perhaps, that would have been too theatrical. Also, lol at Pfister trying to secure a backup plan in case it didn't work out :lol: I remember seeing an interview with Pfister for Transcendence and he was asked a question about Nolan and suddenly he got all weird.
LOL

Nolan seemed totally annoyed. Hilarious. Im sure he'll bring him back if Pfister told him tomorrow that he's done with directing. I actually didn't know that Wally wanted to leave cinematography behind and pursue directing full-on. I thought he just wanted to make a movie or two and that's it. He might have to go back if he keeps failing.

Nolan still speaks very well of Pacino, but Al seems to think that Nolan won't take him back due to a situation where he passed on a role. I personally don't believe that was the case with Chris, cuz he doesn't sound bitter at all when speaking about Pacino. But maybe you guys are right. Maybe Chris is a badass motherfucker. In that case, maybe that's why Guy Pearce hasn't been called back since he declined the young Ras Al Ghul idea. :lol:
MyCocaine wrote:Nolan is old school. Once you have fucked him over you will never work with him again.
For what??

shauner111 wrote:Nolan seemed totally annoyed. Hilarious. Im sure he'll bring him back if Pfister told him tomorrow that he's done with directing. I actually didn't know that Wally wanted to leave cinematography behind and pursue directing full-on. I thought he just wanted to make a movie or two and that's it. He might have to go back if he keeps failing.

Nolan still speaks very well of Pacino, but Al seems to think that Nolan won't take him back due to a situation where he passed on a role. I personally don't believe that was the case with Chris, cuz he doesn't sound bitter at all when speaking about Pacino. But maybe you guys are right. Maybe Chris is a badass motherfucker. In that case, maybe that's why Guy Pearce hasn't been called back since he declined the young Ras Al Ghul idea. :lol:
For what??
Brad Pitt turned down the role in Memento, but what happened between Nolan and Pacino?

Brad Pitt bailed Memento. Al Pacino said, that he turned down a role (most likely Batman Begins) and that Nolan hadn't spoken to him since. Jude Law was suppose to star in a Nolan back in 2003 but bailed after David O. Russell had Nolan put in a headlock and JLaw abandon Nolan's film.

MyCocaine wrote:Brad Pitt bailed Memento. Al Pacino said, that he turned down a role (most likely Batman Begins) and that Nolan hadn't spoken to him since. Jude Law was suppose to star in a Nolan back in 2003 but bailed after David O. Russell had Nolan put in a headlock and JLaw abandon Nolan's film.
LOL Russell is a bully. Btw, I remember Nolan said that Heath turned down the role of Batman.

atilasantos wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:Brad Pitt bailed Memento. Al Pacino said, that he turned down a role (most likely Batman Begins) and that Nolan hadn't spoken to him since. Jude Law was suppose to star in a Nolan back in 2003 but bailed after David O. Russell had Nolan put in a headlock and JLaw abandon Nolan's film.
LOL Russell is a bully. Btw, I remember Nolan said that Heath turned down the role of Batman.
Nah. I do believe he went into talk about the role of Batman but an offer was never made.
And yes, Russell is a piece of shit.

Im thinking it was either Falcone in Begins (for Pacino) or Maroni in TDK.

I like how Nolan made it clear that "Heath was very polite when he turned down Batman".

I always thought Pacino should have been Maroni in TDK... never knew that was possible at one point.

ComptonTerry wrote:I always thought Pacino should have been Maroni in TDK... never knew that was possible at one point.
I'm not sure about it. I think Pacino is too big for such a small role.