Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
What about Mihai Malaimare Jr.? His imagery in 'The Master' is unreal and I would scream if Nolan picks him!

Anyhow, I would love it if Hoyte Van Hoytema will return or if Roger Deakins or Emmanuel Lubezki would join!

Hoyte for sure.
In thE first palce, Hoyte came on board for Interstellar mainly because Wally was not available due to the commitments with his movie Transcendence. Nolan had no choice but to go for a new DP. So i don't think he will again be looking for a new DP, given that Hoyte is available.

I'm sure Pfister is still going through the 12 Steps, so hopefully Hotye Toyte

Hoyte is very good but i think Nolan wants Wally.

aburak256 wrote:Hoyte is very good but i think Nolan wants Wally.
Yeah, Wally still lives in my heart. Great DP, shitty director, though.

Nope. Nolan doesn't tolerate disobedience and him wanting to become a director was a stab in the back. Nolan cherish loyalty above anything. There is a video of Pfister presenting Nolan with an award and he sounds so disappointed with his choice to leave. Nolan doesn't approve.
Anyway, Pfister are probably regretting his decision to this day.

MyCocaine wrote:
Nope. Nolan doesn't tolerate disobedience and him wanting to become a director was a stab in the back. Nolan cherish loyalty above anything. There is a video of Pfister presenting Nolan with an award and he sounds so disappointed with his choice to leave. Nolan doesn't approve.
Maybe this one. That's actually a pretty interesting video. Pfister looks a bit terrified and WTF that hair?!

atilasantos wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:
Maybe this one. That's actually a pretty interesting video. Pfister looks a bit terrified.

:( Maybe you are right

Just recently saw Spectre in IMAX, and overall it was maybe average at best, but the cinematography was on great. I'd love Hoyte and Nolan to work together again.

MyCocaine wrote:Nope. Nolan doesn't tolerate disobedience and him wanting to become a director was a stab in the back. Nolan cherish loyalty above anything. There is a video of Pfister presenting Nolan with an award and he sounds so disappointed with his choice to leave. Nolan doesn't approve.
I can imagine this scene from 'Suits' in my head right now:

Pfister: "Chris, I am sorry, alright, but I need you to listen to me now!"

Chris: "Listen to you? You know when i would have listened to you? That night!"

Pfister: "I got an offer as a director."

Chris: "I don't care! Anyone comes at you with any offer at all, you come to me. I don't give a shit if it's The Queen of England. You come to me. You tell me. You tell me everything! That's what goddamn loyalty is."

*Leaves Pfister behind*

Last edited by Ericmase on January 31st, 2016, 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.