Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
That makes me curious, were any of the ships sinking/capsizing real or are they CGI, as you said?

Are there any set photos?
I think they were both real. I think they rigged them to a device that just tilted/rotated it 90 degrees.

This was so incredible gorgeous

holy shit

Van Hoytema better win that Oscar

Just GLORIOUS

so the
shots of Hardy at the end

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, according to my wildest imaginations... what WB should do is... force the jury ..critics... guild members... everyone into the award season screenings..

if a random guild member is like : oh i have already seen that film
WB should be : We dont care... u have to watch it again

Also they shouldn't send out dvd screeners..it destroys the quality of the film

Innovator wrote:This might be the hype speaking, but am I the only one who believes this is Nolan's best looking film? I did not expect to be this blown away by the visuals as the trailers somewhat underwhelmed it in that department. Truly fantastic stuff.

If Hoyte doesn't get recognized, I WILL RIOT.
Yes for me this is neck to neck with inception.

ditching anamorphic was a good move for this

Nolan's affinity for closeups mixed with long, spherical lenses helps to create a terrifyingly claustrophobic feel

Michaelf2225 wrote:so the

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
not just the shot but the combination of Fionn's speech, the music, the whole landing scene... but for real....I'M REALLY DESPERATE TO FIND THAT FULL QUOTE :lol: :lol: :lol:

90Batman90 wrote:

not just the shot but the combination of Fionn's speech, the music, the whole landing scene... but for real....I'M REALLY DESPERATE TO FIND THAT FULL QUOTE :lol: :lol: :lol:
That scene made me shed a tear. Forreal man.

NotoriousWolf wrote:
90Batman90 wrote:

That scene made me shed a tear. Forreal man.
I know what your talking about. same here.

Oku
90Batman90 wrote:

What full quote?