Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Okay. Now he disappeared. Hey, IMDb, do you play with us?

what a cocktease.

Plot twist:
Hoyte Van Hoytema, Emmanuel Lubezki, Wally Pfister AND Roger Deakins will all lense Nolan's next film!! :o :o
lol :lol:

Hoytema seems like the inevitable choice. He now has both Interstellar and Spectre under his belt as well a vast experience in shooting on the largest film formats. Also, he seems comfortable in lensing big budgeted films. He inhabits all the qualities Nolan is looking for. Whatever, Nolan is doing next it's going to be big. His brought Corbould back into the fold and Hoyte has graduated in high stake filmmaking.

Lord Shade wrote:Okay. Now he disappeared. Hey, IMDb, do you play with us?

Ericmase wrote:Plot twist:
Hoyte Van Hoytema, Emmanuel Lubezki, Wally Pfister AND Roger Deakins will all lense Nolan's next film!! :o :o
lol :lol:
AND Jeff Cronenweth

Fine, I'll do it.

I think, van Hoytema is pretty much a lock. He was planning to shoot Wonder Woman, but suddenly declines that job in September http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-cinematographer/ . As for me, it's definitely because of Nolan's film as he sees much more in Nolan story than in DC comics movie.

pashacules wrote:I think, van Hoytema is pretty much a lock. He was planning to shoot Wonder Woman, but suddenly declines that job in September http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-cinematographer/ . As for me, it's definitely because of Nolan's film as he sees much more in Nolan story than in DC comics movie.
I don't think so. Hoytema could perfectly did both of this projects, Wonder Woman and Nolan's next. The first one is already filming, and will be done in January or, at the latest, February, while Nolan's film is going to start shooting only next summer - at least 3 months later. So, one does not eliminate the other.

Lord Shade wrote:
pashacules wrote:I think, van Hoytema is pretty much a lock. He was planning to shoot Wonder Woman, but suddenly declines that job in September http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-cinematographer/ . As for me, it's definitely because of Nolan's film as he sees much more in Nolan story than in DC comics movie.
I don't think so. Hoytema could perfectly did both of this projects, Wonder Woman and Nolan's next. The first one is already filming, and will be done in January or, at the latest, February, while Nolan's film is going to start shooting only next summer - at least 3 months later. So, one does not eliminate the other.
Maybe, as for me, Hoyte van Hoytema is really good DP, but not the best. It's a fact. I would like to see Nolan with Lubetzki, but there are no many chances. But what great about Hoytema is that he is incredibly good in shooting great visionary scenes, landscapes, shots with great scope. For WWII film it will be great, if not amazing.