The Dunkirk Talkshow Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The title is self explanatory, post here for info on when the cast (or Nolan/Thomas/Van Hoytema/Zimmer) are on a talkshow, or links when it's online.
Last edited by Nomis on June 30th, 2017, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Nomis Maybe include Zimmer in that list as well? Last time he did THR Roundtables for Interstellar for example.

I posted this in the General Information thread. It's the same video Willem linked but this one is full:
Chris, Fionn and Harry talking about Dunkirk on Entertainment tonight (we actually hear Fionn's voice lol)

http://floweredfeast.tumblr.com/post/162413604018

Sorry, it's a video but I can't embed it and I don't know how to hyperlink words. It's a panel, and I'm sure the full video will be up at some point. It's like a preview of two interviews to come (Chris speaks separately from the guys).

Jack Lowden and Tom Glynn-Carney were at the panel too. My guess, which I think is everyone else's at this point, is that they're the ensemble cast 'leads' with Fionn as the protagonist.

Unrelated to what's being posted...

Maybe's it's always been like this, but I've noticed recently that movie directors are being used more and more in marketing/promo campaigns. Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright have both been on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Patty was also on Conan's show. If shows like those are still airing during July, I hope Nolan too does some late night interviews for Dunkirk. His interview with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report back in 2014 was awesome.

Innovator wrote:Unrelated to what's being posted...

Maybe's it's always been like this, but I've noticed recently that movie directors are actually being used more and more in marketing/promo campaigns. Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright have both been on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Patty was also on Conan's show. If shows like those are still airing during July, I hope Nolan too does some late night interviews for Dunkirk. His interview with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report back in 2014 was awesome.
This is true. Even JJ Abrams was on talk shows talking about Westworld, and he's "just" a producer for that. Surely he's a highly likeable guy, but it's definitely a rising trend that the creative minds get more time in the spotlight. Fingers crossed we'll see more of Nolan in talk shows.

Oku
Sanchez wrote:http://www.etonline.com/media/video/eve ... rk-220694/

Here's a high quality source on that btw.
Jesus Christ, that first photo of him.

One glance at that ridiculously anachronistic helmet should tell you that it's historically inaccurate, and therefore most likely Photoshopped fan art.

But nope, better use it anyway!

Edit: but rest of the video is great.
Last edited by Oku on June 29th, 2017, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanchez wrote:
Innovator wrote:Unrelated to what's being posted...

Maybe's it's always been like this, but I've noticed recently that movie directors are actually being used more and more in marketing/promo campaigns. Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright have both been on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Patty was also on Conan's show. If shows like those are still airing during July, I hope Nolan too does some late night interviews for Dunkirk. His interview with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report back in 2014 was awesome.
This is true. Even JJ Abrams was on talk shows talking about Westworld, and he's "just" a producer for that. Surely he's a highly likeable guy, but it's definitely a rising trend that the creative minds get more time in the spotlight. Fingers crossed we'll see more of Nolan in talk shows.
That's right, even JJ Abrams has done big talk shows. I hope the trend continues with Nolan, he'd do good.

Ah, thank you! It wasn't there when I checked. TBH the most interesting part of it was listening to Fionn talk.