The Press/Premieres Tour Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Tom GC and Harry at the premiere:
ImageImage

fayestardust wrote:I'm about to play catch up. Did you guys enjoy yourselves?
Oh yes. So sorry you missed it but I think you can watch the whole premiere stream on Youtube.

I ended up taking a vacation day at the last minute (even though I took one yesterday at the last minute for our moved-up heat pump replacement). I KNEW I was not going to get any work done from home today.

Another pic of Harry & Harry

AntHarris wrote:Hey everyone.. I just want to know if anyone got tickets to the NYC Premiere @ Lincoln Square.. on the screening paper it says it's the premiere and I wondered if anyone has been to a premiere setting and what to expect and has anyone else got tickets to the NYC premiere on the 18th
Another place to ask might be the IMAX thread (if the NYC premiere is in IMAX). Good question though. I don't think we've heard much about the NYC premiere, like if the actors & Nolan are expected to be there, etc. I haven't noticed any schedule or wristband info like there was for the London premiere.

Enjoying myself right now with some of these pictures.

dormouse7 wrote:
AntHarris wrote:Hey everyone.. I just want to know if anyone got tickets to the NYC Premiere @ Lincoln Square.. on the screening paper it says it's the premiere and I wondered if anyone has been to a premiere setting and what to expect and has anyone else got tickets to the NYC premiere on the 18th
Another place to ask might be the IMAX thread (if the NYC premiere is in IMAX). Good question though. I don't think we've heard much about the NYC premiere, like if the actors & Nolan are expected to be there, etc. I haven't noticed any schedule or wristband info like there was for the London premiere.
thanks I'll post on there too then

Larger image of Tom G-C and Harry
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEpCfpQXgAABTBC.jpg

btw - I was surprised the announcer pronounced his name like Glynn-Cairney (CARE-nee)

---

Cast introducing the film at the BFI IMAX
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEpXXuWWsAEPmia.jpg

Nolan speaking with cast behind, at one of the cinemas:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEpSBXeXcAEvVYl.jpg

Whoa - how much of Emma's dress was transparent. I thought just the upper chest but..
She does seem to have a very short nude-color full slip or teddy on under it though.

Willem wrote:More epicness:

Edit: this literally puts a huge smile on my face

Image[/img]
OH MY GOSH

okungnyo wrote: That just sounds so incredibly strange to me, to hold a premiere in one place, and then awkwardly get into cars and then drive over to another theater, and then have the movie play at both places.

Who gets to see it at Odeon and who gets to see it at BFI IMAX? How does it get decided?
Well thing is - the reason they are doing this is because Nolan WANTS a premiere screening in full IMAX, but there simply isn't enough space (yes, there were pens, but we're talking 200 peeps tops) at the BFI for a giant live streamed red carpet premiere event. So they do it in Leicester Sq and the BFI IMAX.

btw since no one posted it - my Dunkirk poster autographed by everyone except - Barry Keoghan, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh and the Nolans (again - they just skipped our section completely! Nolan just signed some of the people in the central circular one, went to do the interview with the host, and then signed a few more in the nearby one and just went to the Odeon. smh). Lowden commented 'beautiful poster, mate', and man I feel terrible about the Harry autograph because my group was all surrounded by Styles fans and first thing he goes for is my poster and then he just signs/takes selfies with every other person in the section :P

Oku
Bacon wrote:Do I want my first viewing to be 70mm IMAX? Maybe. Haven't decided. It'd be cool to see it 4 days earlier than everyone I know for free.
Good luck.
dormouse7 wrote:lol

Question - pics here of Harry, Cillian and Hardy in their suits. Are these suits navy blue or black? Maybe Harry's is charcoal and the other two navy blue. Harry dressed more conservatively than I expected - not even an unusual tie replacement.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... miere.html

And I see Harry did slip in a bit of unconventional clothing - his boots have a design on them:
Any pics of Mr. Styles' past 'unusual tie replacement'?
Sanchez wrote:
Enjoying myself right now with some of these pictures.
:lol:
antovolk wrote:
okungnyo wrote: That just sounds so incredibly strange to me, to hold a premiere in one place, and then awkwardly get into cars and then drive over to another theater, and then have the movie play at both places.

Who gets to see it at Odeon and who gets to see it at BFI IMAX? How does it get decided?
Well thing is - the reason they are doing this is because Nolan WANTS a premiere screening in full IMAX, but there simply isn't enough space (yes, there were pens, but we're talking 200 peeps tops) at the BFI for a giant live streamed red carpet premiere event. So they do it in Leicester Sq and the BFI IMAX.

btw since no one posted it - my Dunkirk poster autographed by everyone except - Barry Keoghan, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh and the Nolans (again - they just skipped our section completely! Nolan just signed some of the people in the central circular one, went to do the interview with the host, and then signed a few more in the nearby one and just went to the Odeon. smh). Lowden commented 'beautiful poster, mate', and man I feel terrible about the Harry autograph because my group was all surrounded by Styles fans and first thing he goes for is my poster and then he just signs/takes selfies with every other person in the section :P

So how was it decided who stays behind and who gets to go with them to the BFI?

And I don't understand, why does that make you feel terrible?

okungnyo wrote: So how was it decided who stays behind and who gets to go with them to the BFI?

And I don't understand, why does that make you feel terrible?
Guessing the people who care more (press, industry people etc) are at the IMAX. WB staff, celeb guests, friends/family, veterans are at Odeon.

And lol, was half kidding. Point is - I was there for Nolan above all else haha

Btw since I was asked to - here's the 10 min long intro from Nolan and Thomas to my screening