Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:
okungnyo wrote:How so? (I'm not that familiar with his games.)
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
To be fair Bacon. I'm not either but I'm not a gamer.

Hideo Kojima is known for challenging the ideas behind the way video games work (breaking the third wall). He pushes genres, does groundbreaking work, and pays attention to as many details as possible.

Metal Gear Solid (by Hideo) has some of the richest and most interesting stories/characters of any video game series.

Bacon wrote:Hideo Kojima is known for challenging the ideas behind the way video games work (breaking the third wall). He pushes genres, does groundbreaking work, and pays attention to as many details as possible.

Metal Gear Solid (by Hideo) has some of the richest and most interesting stories/characters of any video game series.
That last name sounds familiar. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. Anyway thanks for the info.

Bacon wrote:Hideo Kojima is known for challenging the ideas behind the way video games work (breaking the third wall). He pushes genres, does groundbreaking work, and pays attention to as many details as possible.

I love Metal Gear Solid. I've been hooked on watching stealth playthroughs of The Phantom Pain. I actually think the stories are the least interesting part, but the way they're told is amazing. The presentation, visuals, soundtracks, gameplay mechanics... everything is top notch.

Hustler wrote:

I love Metal Gear Solid. I've been hooked on watching stealth playthroughs of The Phantom Pain. I actually think the stories are the least interesting part, but the way they're told is amazing. The presentation, visuals, soundtracks, gameplay mechanics... everything is top notch.
Mgsv has a weak story. Literally every other game has incredible stories.

Ace
Sam Neil @twopaddocks
Loved @dunkirkmovie - top cast inc #CillianMurphy #JackLowden @aneurinBarnard #TomHardy #MRylance #KenBranagh etc- looked stunning too.

Ace wrote:
Sam Neil @twopaddocks
Loved @dunkirkmovie - top cast inc #CillianMurphy #JackLowden @aneurinBarnard #TomHardy #MRylance #KenBranagh etc- looked stunning too.
yay, love Sam Neil !

He's been praising the film since it came out. He really loves it lol

Not a positive buzz but... interview in GQ with J.J. Redick of the Philadelphia 76er's
https://www.gq.com/story/jj-redick-2017 ... -interview

Excerpt

Another interest you have is movies, especially Christopher Nolan films, but I saw on Twitter you didn’t really enjoy Dunkirk.

Reddick: I’m a Christopher Nolan fiend. I love Inception, Interstellar, The Prestige, Memento and of course the Batman trilogy. I love all his movies. I don’t think the meta [story] of Dunkirk was like over my head. I get what he was trying to get across. I just didn’t enjoy it. It wasn’t an enjoyable movie. It was boring. I don’t know how anyone can sit through that and be like, ‘Oh my god, what an awesome film.’ There was no emotional attachment to anything. The story of World War II, it touches people, but as a movie, it was missing something.

We should clarify for the One Direction fans that you did say Harry Styles was the best part of the movie.

Reddick: Harry Styles was amazing, So, Ben Winston [executive producer of The Late, Late Show with James Corden] is one of my best friends. He’s a great mate of mine and I’ve had many Shabbat dinners with him. I actually had a Shabbat dinner with Ben and Harry last season. Harry had just finished filming part of Dunkirk and was getting ready to go back to finish filming. I was just shocked at how down to earth he was. He’s a hell of a human being. He really is just a kind, good hearted person.