Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
GUNS. So primitive.
‏ @FaithPennick (director, writer)
5m5 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/FaithPennick/status ... 5791763456
Now that I’ve seen Dunkirk on 70MM, I am truly astounded to how there’s even a conversation about who wins the Best Picture Oscar next week. It is a masterwork...a high-wire feat of visual storytelling!
Replying to @kristapley
I just left a 70MM screening of Dunkirk in Chicago and now I’m even ANGRIER that it won’t win Best Picture (I think Shape of Water will get it).
Last edited by dormouse7 on February 26th, 2018, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karl Harpur‏ @KarlosTweets (Irish writer, director, producer)
14m
https://twitter.com/KarlosTweets/status ... 4168601601
Watched Dunkirk for the second time. I’ve yet to see THE POST, PHANTOM THREAD & CALL ME BY YOUR NAME (hopefully will get to them this week) but NONE of the other Best Pic nominations come close to it. It is phenomenal! I hope it wins. And I hope Nolan wins Best Director. #Oscars
Last edited by dormouse7 on February 26th, 2018, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who are these people ?

Doesnt matter anyway...

666kalpa wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 12:16 am
Who are these people ?

Doesnt matter anyway...
I was thinking the same exact thing.

Normally I would care, but the forum is pretty dead now anyways, and after the Oscars I don't really see a reason to be active in the Dunkirk section at all.

Attitudes like this is why Dunkirk was always doomed in winning. A lot of women are just too angry and bitter in the current political climate and will refuse to support or give even positive notices to anything that is so male-orientated, no matter how accurate to history it is. What really gets me is people who say the movie is "bad" or "confusing". You don't like it fine, personal tast, but realize what the film is trying to do and respect the talent and effort.