Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I hope we one day get to see a film of the Battle of the Leyte Gulf shot in 65mm/IMAX and as much in camera and on location as possible. Á la Dunkirk :P Although narratively it can be a bit tougher. Since the Americans had a vast majority of ships and planes and it was basically the Japanese Empires last fight. Still, imagine it as Dunkirk but set in the Pacific. I'm just saying.

Wrong thread fool

Sysmatic wrote:Wrong thread fool
Nah it fits right in with all the other posts

Let's just rename this thread to general discussion and be done with it, because I doubt anyone's looking at the title here.

Oku
Nomis wrote:I hope we one day get to see a film of the Battle of the Leyte Gulf shot in 65mm/IMAX and as much in camera and on location as possible. Á la Dunkirk :P Although narratively it can be a bit tougher. Since the Americans had a vast majority of ships and planes and it was basically the Japanese Empires last fight. Still, imagine it as Dunkirk but set in the Pacific. I'm just saying.
It would definitely be narratively tougher.

What makes Dunkirk unique is that it is simultaneously a victory and a defeat for the good guys.

Leyte Gulf, on the other hand, is pretty clear cut: the good guys kick the bad guys' butt non-stop.

There's no interesting angle there, nothing that would make it stand out.

srvxid wrote:Let's just rename this thread to general discussion and be done with it, because I doubt anyone's looking at the title here.
I hate this thread.

It would make sense to have a thread exclusively for posting reactions and nothing else. I remember we had something similar when Inception released.

GamingFreak wrote:It would make sense to have a thread exclusively for posting reactions and nothing else. I remember we had something similar when Inception released.
No we didn't actually, it was just that people then were more willing to follow the rules or the point of the thread.

hiral wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:
The Special Juan wrote: Thank you for these reactions. Were it not for you this thread would be complete garbage.
I searched twitter for dunkirk felt and dunkirk loud )things I thought people who saw it might say)
This is the search I use on the Twitter go bar
filter:verified dunkirk OR #dunkirk since:2017-07-13 until:2017-07-15
And to exclude the 'Harry' mania posts I just add
filter:verified dunkirk -harry
Give that a shot.
:twothumbsup: