Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
That doesn't seem like a negative review. Like saying it's not the scale people is expecting but that's not a bad thing.

Bacon wrote:That doesn't seem like a negative review. Like saying it's not the scale people is expecting but that's not a bad thing.
Exactly. Maybe he feels it's a GOOD thing that it didn't have the scale he expected.

Not sure this has been posted..

Craig Williams‏
@craigfilm
Follow
More
DUNKIRK - A sweeping, breathtaking opus of suspense. Perspectives & percussions; clocks, heartbeats and gunfire. Nolan's greatest spectacle.

Anthony Vander‏ @AnthonyVander_
The visuals blew me away. Relentless piece of cinema. #Dunkirk
The score from Zimmer. Pure artistry and genius. #Dunkirk
Saw Dunkirk this evening with an intro from Christopher Nolan. Film blew me away. #Dunkirk
https://twitter.com/AnthonyVander_/stat ... 2601493506

Actor/Director

Ace
@Robbiereviews
Ranking in Nolan films?
Also ranking in Hardy films?
Sorry this is quite demanding

Top tier for both. Hardy basically spends the whole thing in a flight mask, acting out war with his eyebrows alone, and nails it regardless
Yes, definitely: insanity if it isn't up for Best Picture

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Bacon wrote:That doesn't seem like a negative review. Like saying it's not the scale people is expecting but that's not a bad thing.
Exactly. Maybe he feels it's a GOOD thing that it didn't have the scale he expected.
I don't think saying that something is lacking in scale is a compliment. Sounds like he thinks that it should have been bigger than it was. Although the brief review doesn't sound negative on the whole.

TomsWindow wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
I don't think saying that something is lacking in scale is a compliment. Sounds like he thinks that it should have been bigger than it was. Although the brief review doesn't sound negative on the whole.
It depends on the person. Scale is not necessarily a good thing. My dad prefers small scale stuff. See Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich. Scale doesn't help turn their movies into quality work. The scale comment came across more like the guy was surprised, not necessarily unhappy about it.

Spider-Man: Homecoming was lacking in scale compared to what I expected and that turned out to be a great thing.