TV Spots

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
whoa where is the "take me home" part from?

Oku
What do you mean?

Forum Pro
Law
Sky007 wrote:whoa where is the "take me home" part from?
The movie, it's called Dunkirk and it came out a few weeks ago.

somehow I cannot recall where that line happens in the film. I'm pulling a Sammy Jenkis here

I believe it's when Tommy gets pulled onto the Moonstone, before they send him downstairs.

I need this music in my life. right. now.

Edit: Sounds similar to 'View from the Voyager' now that I think about it
Last edited by ChristMAX on August 19th, 2017, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know but I'm not buying that theory. I think that Nimrod has been part of the score from the beginning.

okungnyo wrote:
Willem wrote:It fits the tone of the film perfectly (the final scenes in particular, you know what I'm talking about). I wonder if Zimmer initially composed it for the film, but they didn't use it? Or maybe it got replaced by the Nimrod variation?

Edit: it sounds pretty familiair to me though, don't know why. Anyone else?
You may be right; someone in the YouTube comments said:

"I asked someone on Twitter who worked on the marketing for Dunkirk. He said it was a piece by Zimmer. Not in the film though, so maybe an unused bit of music they thought would work for marketing. Big shame as I love it!"

I will go out on a further limb and say that this may have been the original music for the ending-montage.

And it really does sound incredibly familiar, like it's a classic or something (even though if that comment is to be believed, it can't be).

Posting again for the lazy, since we're on a new page:

So no one has found out what the song is yet? =/ Dying to find this

Same. It sounds like an incredible piece and it also really sounds like something Zimmer could have made (maybe even for the film). Very curious what this turns out to be.

I think it's an edited version of Nimrod.

And you know, I just got to thinking... Zimmer worked on The Lion King as well, and Mufasa's death scene sounds a lot like Nimrod as well. I'm sure he's been inspired by it more than once.