Tickets Release and Pre-Orders

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The Special One wrote:
okungnyo wrote:That was an unconfirmed rumor, fake as has now been proven.

WB isn't doing it for Dunkirk because the two-day early release (probably) cannibalized Interstellar's opening weekend and was one of the reasons it lost to Big Hero 6.
Wow, I had forgotten about that.
I personally think it lost to Big Hero 6 due to less amount of showtimes. Plus that was a kids movie and 3D. I wish they had released it Dunkirk earlier, but probably the theaters went against it, that's the main reason I would think that there's less IMAX70mm for this :/

I bought 6 tickets at AMC Universal for Thursday night, at 6pm. For Friday night I bought 5 tickets at the Dome in Hollywood :D Most likely we'll see at Cinemark XD and TCL Chinese IMAX afterwards.

Got tix for thursday night in the only IMAX 70mm (not dome) screen in my state! Right down the street from where'll ill be living! Psyched! :gonf:

SINCEPTION wrote:I bought 6 tickets at AMC Universal for Thursday night, at 6pm. For Friday night I bought 5 tickets at the Dome in Hollywood :D Most likely we'll see at Cinemark XD and TCL Chinese IMAX afterwards.
That must have cost you a fortune.

Oku
SINCEPTION wrote:I bought 6 tickets at AMC Universal for Thursday night, at 6pm. For Friday night I bought 5 tickets at the Dome in Hollywood :D Most likely we'll see at Cinemark XD and TCL Chinese IMAX afterwards.
Are you taking your family?? :shock:

Vader182 wrote:Tickets for all three days I'll be in Indianapolis bought.

-Vader
Cool, I'll be there at the 7 p.m. showing Thursday. So we have Vader, Joshua Strong, and myself so far? When I first read your comment, I wondered if you were the reason that a huge section of the last row sold out seemingly at once haha. I know you said you often go with large groups, but then I read your other comment about meeting up Saturday with the others. That'll make a fun getaway. We're staying at a hotel Thursday and Friday night. Just across the river from the theater is the Indianapolis Zoo, so we'll probably do that Friday. Then there's this steakhouse called St. Elmo that's apparently pretty awesome (and expensive), so I intend to check that out. That's about all we have planned so far. How about you?
Side note: I wonder why the 2 p.m. showing Friday says sold out. It said that as soon as tickets went on sale.

Spert wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Repost from IMAX Locations thread: To those asking about Chicago, the situation is dire.

There are three theaters that can play 15/70 film, and Lincolnshire and Cinemark Seven Bridges were not even offered IMAX prints on film. WB cut them out completely. Woodridge wanted the print, I get the sense Lincolnshire didn't.

Navy Pier is a clusterfuck. AMC took over, did renovations until November 2016, and were supposed to close again early spring to rebuild the entire theater and open for summer. They closed LATE. Why? Not 100% sure, could be AMC's fuck up or could be Navy Pier union problems (Chicago is a big union city), but either way most likely won't open until August. Jury is out on if it'll get a digital print to play in August.

Cinemark and Seven Bridges has a roughly 5 story screen and really good but not amazing sound.

And fair warning: Music Box for 70mm does NOT have a good sound system.

-Vader
How is the Evanston theater? That is getting a 70mm print too
Evanston has 70MM but it isn't in IMAX

okungnyo wrote:
Are you taking your family?? :shock:
those are all for him.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum for posting information about the ticket release. I've been following the site/forum for a while and finally decided to register. Anyway it's been super helpful! Looking forward to Thursday night at Lincoln Square.

Also does anyone know if there will be an unlimited pass ticket? Like they did for Interstellar? Just curious because I know I'll be seeing it more than once.

geozou1 wrote:
Spert wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Repost from IMAX Locations thread: To those asking about Chicago, the situation is dire.

There are three theaters that can play 15/70 film, and Lincolnshire and Cinemark Seven Bridges were not even offered IMAX prints on film. WB cut them out completely. Woodridge wanted the print, I get the sense Lincolnshire didn't.

Navy Pier is a clusterfuck. AMC took over, did renovations until November 2016, and were supposed to close again early spring to rebuild the entire theater and open for summer. They closed LATE. Why? Not 100% sure, could be AMC's fuck up or could be Navy Pier union problems (Chicago is a big union city), but either way most likely won't open until August. Jury is out on if it'll get a digital print to play in August.

Cinemark and Seven Bridges has a roughly 5 story screen and really good but not amazing sound.

And fair warning: Music Box for 70mm does NOT have a good sound system.

-Vader
How is the Evanston theater? That is getting a 70mm print too
Evanston has 70MM but it isn't in IMAX
So is it worth going to that or Lincolnshire?