Tickets Release and Pre-Orders

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
SINCEPTION wrote:
geozou1 wrote:Why aren't there any 70MM Imax showings in Chicago? WTF!!
why is Navy Pier closed? I thought AMC took over and reopened.

No idea, the other option we have is Lincolnshire which is 20 minutes from my house. But they aren't showing it in 70MM Imax also, it's digital. I'm pissed =/

geozou1 wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:
geozou1 wrote:Why aren't there any 70MM Imax showings in Chicago? WTF!!
why is Navy Pier closed? I thought AMC took over and reopened.

No idea, the other option we have is Lincolnshire which is 20 minutes from my house. But they aren't showing it in 70MM Imax also, it's digital. I'm pissed =/
Where is the official list of 70mm IMAX screenings, again?

I didn't know that about Navy Pier, I wonder if they would have been showing it in IMAX 70.
Lincolnshire IMAX in Illinois does not have a functioning film projector anymore, strange that they got rid of it or perhaps they did not get it serviced in time for this movie. Really shitty, those were the two places I saw Interstellar and was kinda planning a Chicago trip that weekend specifically for the movie. I'll try calling Cinemark about their screen size and projection, it's not a licensed IMAX theater so I doubt they'll have 15/70 but it's worth a shot.

Repost from IMAX Locations thread: To those asking about Chicago, the situation is dire.

There are three theaters that can play 15/70 film, and Lincolnshire and Cinemark Seven Bridges were not even offered IMAX prints on film. WB cut them out completely. Woodridge wanted the print, I get the sense Lincolnshire didn't.

Navy Pier is a clusterfuck. AMC took over, did renovations until November 2016, and were supposed to close again early spring to rebuild the entire theater and open for summer. They closed LATE. Why? Not 100% sure, could be AMC's fuck up or could be Navy Pier union problems (Chicago is a big union city), but either way most likely won't open until August. Jury is out on if it'll get a digital print to play in August.

Cinemark and Seven Bridges has a roughly 5 story screen and really good but not amazing sound.

And fair warning: Music Box for 70mm does NOT have a good sound system.

-Vader
Last edited by Vader182 on July 5th, 2017, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone in the Philly area have the scoop on the King of Prussia tickets?

I see a lot of theaters in area with times listed but this theater doesn't have theirs up yet.

Tangerine wrote:Anyone in the Philly area have the scoop on the King of Prussia tickets?

I see a lot of theaters in area with times listed but this theater doesn't have theirs up yet.
not looking good - i called yesterday and got an evasive manager who basically told me they’re having technical difficulties since the projector hasn’t been used in over 5 years (which isn’t true)

my friends and i decided not to screw with that; we’re taking a NYC trip instead

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Tangerine wrote:Anyone in the Philly area have the scoop on the King of Prussia tickets?

not looking good - i called yesterday and got an evasive manager who basically told me they’re having technical difficulties since the projector hasn’t been used in over 5 years (which isn’t true)

my friends and i decided not to screw with that; we’re taking a NYC trip instead
KOP is on the official IMAX list so worth trying to get the manager again

I got my tickets for AMC CityWalk in Los Angels on Saturday. Now I am trying to get my Thursday tickets to La Mesa theater that has a 70mm but they do not have tickets available yet.

Question. Are the amc citywalk tickets that are available now Imax 70mm or just 70mm ?