Tickets Release and Pre-Orders

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I secured my IMAX 70mm tickets for the 21st at the Maryland Science Center. $43.20 per ticket after adding in the mandatory "general exhibit" ticket. :shock:

While not thrilled, it'd have to cost a bit more than that to keep me away.

http://www.mdsci.org/imax/dunkirk/

Oku
40 dollars for one movie ticket WTF

Edit: but as you said, I guess this makes it worth it:
We are one of only a handful of theaters worldwide that is showing the movie in the original 2D 70mm IMAX® film format and the only theater in Maryland showing this film in the original IMAX film format on a five story screen.

Vader182 wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:
Vader182 wrote:tickets aren't exactly flying, but they're definitely still being bought at a decent rate at Indianapolis.

-Vader
Getting some people together to make the trek. Probably going see it twice to make it worthwhile.
Yeah. My partner and I are going Thursday/Friday/Saturday, and then a car or two of friends driving out Saturday to meet us. Instead of pitching "hey let's go see Dunkirk four hours away!" I made it into a day trip with a series of fun activities. Dunkirk being short helps.

FYI, Indianapolis is Eastern so they're an hour ahead.

-Vader
I bet that's gonna fuck at least one person's plan up.

Okay, so I contacted Cineplex, and the representative told me the 70mm tickets should be on sale by the end of the day. There is no set time she said, probably left to the discretion of the theatres offering the showings.

Nistopher Chrolan wrote:Okay, so I contacted Cineplex, and the representative told me the 70mm tickets should be on sale by the end of the day. There is no set time she said, probably left to the discretion of the theatres offering the showings.
Excellent, thanks for the update!

Why aren't there any 70MM Imax showings in Chicago? WTF!!

geozou1 wrote:Why aren't there any 70MM Imax showings in Chicago? WTF!!
why is Navy Pier closed? I thought AMC took over and reopened.

Just got my SF Metreon tickets for Thursday at 6:00 PM PST.

They were selling before 9:00 AM though, so I guess I just lucked out getting them early enough that I still got good seats.

SINCEPTION wrote:
geozou1 wrote:Why aren't there any 70MM Imax showings in Chicago? WTF!!
why is Navy Pier closed? I thought AMC took over and reopened.
It opened briefly but is back under construction.

Nistopher Chrolan, not sure what province you're in but the Edmonton 70mm Imax tickets are up now! It's the only location available at the moment but ya, it's definitely not a set time but up to each theatre. Lucky for me that's my theatre of choice but gotta make a 5 hr drive from Fort McMurray lol. Going with my husband, brother and my dad. So fucking excited! :)