Tickets Release and Pre-Orders

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:I asked this in the IMAX locations thread but I figured I should ask it here as well. The IMAX theater I'm planning to see it in 70mm film at currently charges $19.25 for IMAX digital movies at noon or later and $12.75 for showings before noon. When they show this in 70mm, will the ticket prices remain the same as they are with digital films?
Prices should be the same, yes.

BlairCo wrote:I'd fly down to Melbourne to see it, but I ain't got nobody to do it with.
You're in Brisbane right? I'm also flying down there from Brissy (and by myself) to see it in 70 mm. I wouldn't miss it just because I've got no one to go with.

ChristMAX wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I'd fly down to Melbourne to see it, but I ain't got nobody to do it with.
You're in Brisbane right? I'm also flying down there from Brissy (and by myself) to see it in 70 mm. I wouldn't miss it just because I've got no one to go with.
I am in Brisbane. But Dunkirk is also being released 2 days after my birthday, so I wouldn't just want to go down there by myself just for Dunkirk. I'm perfectly happy with seeing it at the Southbank Cineplex in Cinema 5.

Honestly, If I was in your shoes, I'd definitely go, even If I'll have to go by myself. Hell, I was planning on flying by myself to London to see it, and I still might fly to a nearby country to see it in IMAX Laser.

Oku
BlairCo wrote:
ChristMAX wrote:
I am in Brisbane. But Dunkirk is also being released 2 days after my birthday, so I wouldn't just want to go down there by myself just for Dunkirk. I'm perfectly happy with seeing it at the Southbank Cineplex in Cinema 5.
Is that a regular theater, as in 2.35:1 with no expanded ratio scenes?

Yes, but it is the biggest cinema screen in the city; it's a 25 metre Cinemascope screen.

Oku
BlairCo wrote:Yes, but it is the biggest cinema screen in the city; it's a 25 metre Cinemascope screen.
That makes up for it then!

BlairCo wrote:Yes, but it is the biggest cinema screen in the city; it's a 25 metre Cinemascope screen.
And was once upon a time an IMAX anyway

posers

-Vader