Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
AFI Verified account @AmericanFilm
1 Nov 2017

Director Christopher Nolan & AFI Chairman Sir Howard Stringer at the #AFI50 Anniversary Gala at The @LibraryCongress.

Hey look, he showed up.

Now give him his damn award.

LOL

dormouse7 wrote:AFI Verified account @AmericanFilm
1 Nov 2017

Director Christopher Nolan & AFI Chairman Sir Howard Stringer at the #AFI50 Anniversary Gala at The @LibraryCongress.

That's not today.

Dang - you are right - it is not today.

But Nolan and Emma are there. Nolan is mentioned by some articles. Like this one:
http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/a ... 202606251/

---
And AFI tweeted about each of the winners. Here is what they said about Dunkirk:

AFI‏ Verified account @AmericanFilm
https://twitter.com/AmericanFilm/status ... 4757704704

.@DunkirkMovie fills the screen with pure cinema — a triumphant achievement that pulses with both clockwork precision and the beating heart of heroism. #AFIAWARDS

Last edited by natalie on January 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace

Ace wrote:Image
These are great. I hate that I'm rooting against Del Toro in these awards. The guy totally deserves more recognition, I just can't see his directing surpassing Nolan here.

Oku
I got a feeling that Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, The Shape of Water, and War for the Planet of the Apes will chip away at the technical categories and each take home a win, leaving Dunkirk with a ton of technical nominations (Production Design, Cinematography, Film Editing, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Visual Effects) but zero wins/only one win.