Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nomis wrote:I hope this film does a full on sweep on noms and wins lol
You have seen the production from really close. Does it seem like it has that potential?

If it's good it can easily get nominated for best picture, director and screenplay. I feel like there are good chances for that happening. Allthough I don't think it has any chance at winning any of them with that release date.

willaartwillem wrote:
You have seen the production from really close. Does it seem like it has that potential?
Certainly does.

Nomis wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:
Certainly does.
Total sweep? Would be nice :D

it's a world war 2 movie

of course its gonna win

Ehh, since neither Dunkirk nor the competing movies have been released yet, it's extremely hard to talk about its Oscar chances.

But sure, fine:
Nolan will win Best Director, Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay. Fionn will win Best Actor, Harry will win Best Supporting Actor and Best Original Song, Zimmer will win Best Original Score, and Hoyte van Hoytema will win Best Cinematography.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. :lol: Too bad Dunkirk can't win Best Actress.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I certainly hope it wins, but I'm prepared to be disappointed in the academy.

Oku
Darkline wrote:Ehh, since neither Dunkirk nor the competing movies have been released yet, it's extremely hard to talk about its Oscar chances.

But sure, fine:
Nolan will win Best Director, Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay. Fionn will win Best Actor, Harry will win Best Supporting Actor and Best Original Song, Zimmer will win Best Original Score, and Hoyte van Hoytema will win Best Cinematography.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. :lol: Too bad Dunkirk can't win Best Actress.
Ms. Nolan for Best Supporting Actress!

A summer, PG-13, "war" movie?

Oscar chances?

:facepalm: :lol: :clap: :thumbup:

Now get this to Forum Fun and move along, next time you might want to try: "BAFTAs", at least the "a Christopher Nolan Film" might help in there.

The movie hasn't actually been rated yet, just saying. Everyone in here seems convinced it's gonna be PG-13.