Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
brickarts295 wrote:I did remember telling my mother back when Nolan lost Best Director that he would only win an Oscar if he made a WW2 flick.
And here we are :lol:

GOD I'm still salty that he lost that year or didn't get nom for TDK :cry:
To this day I'm still super salty about TDK not getting the noms it deserved. :cry: Especially after having watched a decent amount of superhero flicks by now. It would have made history if that happened...

no one loses an award

Next year this time we will be either really spiteful or really hopeful.

the_red_ninja wrote:Next year this time we will be really hopeful.
Fixed

At the very least in the technical categories

Hey, what's up with Nolan not being nominated as best director? I'd say Inception and Interstellar both must have been nominated for best director.

NotNolan wrote:Hey, what's up with Nolan not being nominated as best director? I'd say Inception and Interstellar both must have been nominated for best director.
He wasn't for Inception? All these years...i've been lying to myself.

Havoc1st wrote:
NotNolan wrote:Hey, what's up with Nolan not being nominated as best director? I'd say Inception and Interstellar both must have been nominated for best director.
I vaguely remember the day the nominations were announced and there was quite a bit of backlash because of the Nolan snub. I might be wrong, but I think it was even a trending topic on Twitter lol.

Havoc1st wrote:
the salt oh the salt