Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
misho92 wrote:Best Score
Best Sound Mixing
Best Sound Editing
Best Editing

These 4 are a lock. There's no way any other film will win those other than Dunkirk. People have to remember, that Baby Driver and Blade Runner 2049 wont be nominated for Best Picture. That affects the final outcome. Voters are much more comfortable voting for a film that has a Best Picture nomination.
Which is why Zimmer could lose to Desplat for score. People talk a lot about Blade Runner's score, but from what I've heard, The Shape of Water is the real contender. The Academy love Desplat, and The Shape of Water is 100% going to win more major awards than Dunkirk. So if the score is good, which apparently it is, he could easily take that win. And then you still have BR as an underdog. Score isn't nearly as much of a safe pick as the others you mentioned.

Oku
Yeah, let's not jump the gun by saying anything is a lock.

That's how you guarantee that the lock gets unlocked. :lol:

Innovator wrote:I understand trying to keep expectations low, but it's very unlikely Dunkirk will go empty-handed Oscars night. Film and Sound Editing are pretty much guaranteed. They *usually* go for Best Picture nominees, so that works for Dunkirk. Even if it only manages to get those two wins in the end, I'd say that's still a great outcome.
This film deserves way more than Editing and Sound Editing awards.
misho92 wrote:Best Score
These 4 are a lock.
Desplat is the front-runner. Greenwood is not far behind. Hardly a lock unfortunate as it is.

Tonight will be disappointing yo.

Bacon wrote:Tonight will be disappointing yo.
:( don't say that

Sanchez wrote:
Bacon wrote:Tonight will be disappointing yo.
:( don't say that
God I hate having to be asleep and working early. Stuff like this gets me all worked up and I won't be able to sleep because the GG results which are going on when ill be snoozing will stress me out.

Bacon wrote:
Innovator wrote:I understand trying to keep expectations low, but it's very unlikely Dunkirk will go empty-handed Oscars night. Film and Sound Editing are pretty much guaranteed. They *usually* go for Best Picture nominees, so that works for Dunkirk. Even if it only manages to get those two wins in the end, I'd say that's still a great outcome.
This film deserves way more than Editing and Sound Editing awards.
I don't disagree with you there, I just think it's best for us to see the glass half full.

And yeah, don't expect anything tonight.

Have you a link to follow the live for the ceremony please ?

Nolan and Emma at the Golden Globes