Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
It's so wonderful that this got so many nominations and of course the nominations for Nolan and Van Hoytema. To have been a part of it was incredible.

Lee Smith needs to win for editing this year. He is one of Nolan's longest collaborators, having worked with him on every movie since Batman Begins. Dunkirk is easily Nolan's best edited movie.

Nomis wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 8:41 am
It's so wonderful that this got so many nominations and of course the nominations for Nolan and Van Hoytema. To have been a part of it was incredible.
Dude, if I had been in a Nolan movie I wouldn't stop bragging about it, lol.

lol

But that's not really a good quality to have you know

Well, unless it's something like that...

Nah I'm joking obviously. But it's still fucking cool.

I agree. It is cool.

Old news.

A nice way to discredit the film and demand them being viewed on the same level as sexual harassment offenders. Stop being pathetic.

Paul Wright isn't related to Joe Wright by any chance? ;)

Seriously, which rival studio was in charge of this attempt at a smear campaign? Fox Searchlight?

Sanchez wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 7:38 pm
Lee Smith needs to win for editing this year. He is one of Nolan's longest collaborators, having worked with him on every movie since Batman Begins. Dunkirk is easily Nolan's best edited movie.
It's still a crime to me that he wasn't nominated for Inception. A movie that convoluted with the many layers of Dreams must not have been an easy thing to edit, but Smith managed to somehow pull if off beautifully.

Literally everyone on Nolan's team that is not in the Sound and VFX department is due an Oscar XD

Ace
ACE (American Cinema Editors) Editing Awards
Best Editing Feature Film (Dramatic)
Winner :“Dunkirk”
Lee Smith, ACE
Last edited by Ace on January 27th, 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.