What if Dunkirk is disappointing?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:
What did you ask and what were the responses?

On a side note, I find it strange that the last shot wasn't in IMAX.

This must be the first time since Inception that the ending montage wasn't entirely in IMAX.
I think it'll be easier if I just direct you to it: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 8#p1121773

Anyway, it's not that I disagree with the interpretation or can't accept it, it's that what I see in that ending shot doesn't convey it the same way that I would have expected that shot to be conveyed. Just my opinion.

There was another response similar to that in another thread, brought up independently by somebody else.

Oku
Oh. I have been avoiding that thread. :lol:

It wasnt disappointing for me but I also didnt have many expectations. I do kind of agree with the criticism about the characters not being fleshed out and that the supposedly emotional moments werent either.

While watching I did care about the characters - But afterwards I cant stop wondering if that was mainly because I've seen the actors in a lot of interviews and kind of care about them. If I hadnt seen any interviews I probably wouldnt have cared as much.
Edit: I mean the only reason I even knew some of the characters names are because of all the promo I have seen. For a general audience who hasnt seen any of that I can see how something like lack of names will throw them of connecting to the characters.
Last edited by Cocal on July 21st, 2017, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:
Willem wrote:The second viewing makes it so much better, seriously
Why? Why torture yourself a second time?
That's enough of that. You can be critical without being an insulting asshole.
Just a troll dude, don't bother with him.

It wasn't.

Lock.