Trailer #3

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Sooo many people on other forums complaining that this trailer was underwhelming.

Paraphrasing what one of them said: "there should have been an epic scene where we see hundreds of boats and an entire fleet of German bombers diving toward them".

It's like...ugh. Reading some of those comments made me mad.

The one shot of the soldier getting blasted of the mole is spectacular.

okungnyo wrote:Sooo many people on other forums complaining that this trailer was underwhelming.

Paraphrasing what one of them said: "there should have been an epic scene where we see hundreds of boats and an entire fleet of German bombers diving toward them".

It's like...ugh. Reading some of those comments made me mad.
I wouldn't be too worried about it, I read other forums too and while some have legitimate complaints and doubts about how the movie could turn out, most of them just like to be negative and shit on Nolan because they think it's cool. "War" movies don't get people hyped, unless it has a superhero in it.

But in the midst of superhero movies, sequels, reboots - this trailer will impress on the big screen.

Any 4K version of the trailer available?

AhmadAli95 wrote:Some screencaps https://flic.kr/s/aHskZe6xTV
This shot...
I really love the lighting here.
Great shots indeed, love your avy! That shot is going to look fantastic in 70mm/IMAX, it'll be so warm

Nomis wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:Some screencaps https://flic.kr/s/aHskZe6xTV
This shot...
I really love the lighting here.
Great shots indeed, love your avy! That shot is going to look fantastic in 70mm/IMAX, it'll be so warm
Thanks, tried to pic something no one has used. I love the color contrast. I'm sad I won't be able to see it on 70mm.

Oku
Just noticed that this trailer has letterboxing (black bars on the top and bottom) built into the video itself.

What could it mean? The other two trailers were regularly framed without letterboxing.

Bit of a pity the trailer wasn't in 2.20 aspect ratio, because most of the shots are done with IMAX so there's a whole lot more in the frame.