Posters and Official Images

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Great poster, I still wonder why it wasnt released officially in hi-res.

:clap: :clap: :clap: < for hustler
:( :( :( < for myself

I (purely based off luck) have gotten three 11x17 posters of Nolan's past 3 films and I'm thinking of putting them all in one frame with each photo next to the tickets of the respective viewings.

dormouse7 wrote:More of the Dunkirk set pieces on display in Dunkerque (from @Lo2france):

https://twitter.com/Lo2france/status/893895611422056448
Touching the mole again one year later. I was filled with emotions. #Dunkirk #Dunkirkmovie #ChristopherNolan #Dunkerque
Do we know the exact location of this exhibition? I'm going to Dunkirk at the end of the month.

Bacon wrote:I (purely based off luck) have gotten three 11x17 posters of Nolan's past 3 films and I'm thinking of putting them all in one frame with each photo next to the tickets of the respective viewings.
boring

I love the poster.

I got the main poster in a horizontal format from my local cinema the other day. I asked for the IMAX ones tho.

I am going to keep insisting on that. I might not get any of them but as long as I get one, I am going to be the happiest girl in the world for the rest of my life (I remember insisting a lot too to get an Unbroken poster when it came out back in 2014).

And I feel your pain: they are massive!!!

dumb question but you can get poster from a cinema? i've never tried that before. I want one for Dunkirk.

Bale Fan wrote:dumb question but you can get poster from a cinema? i've never tried that before. I want one for Dunkirk.
You can :).

You just have to be lucky tho.

Sometimes, they are very nice and give them away to you without hesitation. Then, there are times where you are constantly insisting and they refuse. They always give me the same lame excuse: we cannot give them away as we have to send them back to the studio.

That might be a lie as I've seen them throwing them all away afterwards. It also might be true as they have to do something with those standees and all that stuff. Maybe keeping them for future exhibitions?

Anyways, you lose nothing for asking. You might be surprised by their reaction :).

^Thanks, I'll definitely try that if I get the chance to go the cinema soon. :D

Oku
Bacon wrote:I (purely based off luck) have gotten three 11x17 posters of Nolan's past 3 films and I'm thinking of putting them all in one frame with each photo next to the tickets of the respective viewings.
How many tickets for each film?

I'll be disappointed if it's only one. :lol:
missidcullen wrote:I love the poster.

I got the main poster in a horizontal format from my local cinema the other day. I asked for the IMAX ones tho.

I am going to keep insisting on that. I might not get any of them but as long as I get one, I am going to be the happiest girl in the world for the rest of my life (I remember insisting a lot too to get an Unbroken poster when it came out back in 2014).

And I feel your pain: they are massive!!!
Why Unbroken?
missidcullen wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:dumb question but you can get poster from a cinema? i've never tried that before. I want one for Dunkirk.
You can :).

You just have to be lucky tho.

Sometimes, they are very nice and give them away to you without hesitation. Then, there are times where you are constantly insisting and they refuse. They always give me the same lame excuse: we cannot give them away as we have to send them back to the studio.

That might be a lie as I've seen them throwing them all away afterwards. It also might be true as they have to do something with those standees and all that stuff. Maybe keeping them for future exhibitions?

Anyways, you lose nothing for asking. You might be surprised by their reaction :).
I don't understand, if they are always telling you that they cannot give the posters away, how did you get one?

Did you keep going back every day until they got tired and said, "Fine, take one..."?

Or did you by chance get a nice new employee instead of the old employee who grumbles "oh, there's that person, coming to ask us for a poster again"?

And what do you mean by, "as they have to do something with those standees and all that stuff. Maybe keeping them for future exhibitions?"?