IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Posts: 19375
Joined: June 2012
Just US? I hope not

Posts: 8838
Joined: December 2011
Nomis wrote:Just US? I hope not
Well evidently UK also.

My understanding is that all IMAX formats will have it, just all depends on international distributors bothering to translate/dub. What's definite though - no official announcement from IMAX or Warners coming at Nolan's request.

Posts: 3494
Joined: June 2010
Bacon wrote:
The Special One wrote:Oh, and I predicted that there would be no official announcement a few days ago. It just seemed like such a Nolan thing to do. Surprise fans with a prologue, love it!
You also said an official announcement would drop within 30 hours a few days ago.... :blank:
hahaha oh yeah, about that.........

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
antovolk wrote:
Nomis wrote:Just US? I hope not
Well evidently UK also.

My understanding is that all IMAX formats will have it, just all depends on international distributors bothering to translate/dub. What's definite though - no official announcement from IMAX or Warners coming at Nolan's request.
Has nothing to do with distributors. It has everything to do with Nolan wanting it only in 70mm IMAXs or expanding it out to digital/laser projection.

Posts: 8838
Joined: December 2011
genloovers wrote:
Has nothing to do with distributors. It has everything to do with Nolan wanting it only in 70mm IMAXs or expanding it out to digital/laser projection.
Um no, you misunderstand.

It will be in digital and laser projections as well as I was saying. The distributors come into play about countries outside the English speaking ones getting it.

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
antovolk wrote:
genloovers wrote:
Has nothing to do with distributors. It has everything to do with Nolan wanting it only in 70mm IMAXs or expanding it out to digital/laser projection.
Um no, you misunderstand.

It will be in digital and laser projections as well
as I was saying. The distributors come into play about countries outside the English speaking ones getting it.
Nobody knows this at this point. Also, absolutely ZERO of Nolan's prologues were screened outside of US and UK.

Posts: 8838
Joined: December 2011
genloovers wrote:
Nobody knows this at this point.
Image
genloovers wrote:
Also, absolutely ZERO of Nolan's prologues were screened outside of US and UK.
TDKR played in Australia and NZ's 70mm locations, true. But TDK due to digital availability played in countries outside the English-speaking ones too. Our own m4 saw it in his neck of woods. It screened for a limited time in Russia.

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
AMC just confirmed to me via Facebook that the prologue will be with all IMAX screenings of rogue one.

Posts: 483
Joined: March 2011
genloovers wrote:AMC just confirmed to me via Facebook that the prologue will be with all IMAX screenings of rogue one.
:thumbup:

Do you think it's attached to each IMAX screening regardless of which day its screened? (I'm seeing Rogue One on Friday rather then the Thursday)

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
stanley wrote:
genloovers wrote:AMC just confirmed to me via Facebook that the prologue will be with all IMAX screenings of rogue one.
:thumbup:

Do you think it's attached to each IMAX screening regardless of which day its screened? (I'm seeing Rogue One on Friday rather then the Thursday)
Yeah, they said all screenings.

Post Reply