IMAX Prologue

Christopher Nolan's action triller about the WWII story commonly known as The Miracle at Dunkirk. July 21, 2017.
Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
If this is confirmed, it will be the first time I'm seeing a Nolan trailer/prologue attached to a movie THAT I ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE. :D

Posts: 840
Joined: September 2014
Well, this is definitely interesting.

Posts: 54
Joined: April 2013
Is this only playing with 70mm Rogue One screenings?

Posts: 623
Joined: March 2014
Location: Sheffield, UK
Yea I'm booked into a standard Rogue One screening :( . Did TDKR prologue play on normal screens?
Last edited by elemunt on December 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
ei18 wrote:Is this only playing with 70mm Rogue One screenings?
Most likely only 70mm IMAX screenings. But someone said that it may also be on digital IMAX screens. Nolan has only ever had his IMAX prologues play on REAL 70mm film IMAX screens. Still don't know/need confirmation from WB.

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
elemunt wrote:Yea I'm booked into a standard Rogue One screening :( . Did TDKR prologue play on normal screens?
No. The prologues only played on real film IMAX Screens. The regular screens as well as digital IMAX got the standard trailers. I'd expect there to be a regular trailer for regular screens.

Posts: 54
Joined: April 2013
genloovers wrote:
ei18 wrote:Is this only playing with 70mm Rogue One screenings?
Most likely only 70mm IMAX screenings. But someone said that it may also be on digital IMAX screens. Nolan has only ever had his IMAX prologues play on REAL 70mm film IMAX screens. Still don't know/need confirmation from WB.
I hope it's not just 70mm. My 70mm theater is showing Rogue One on laser.

Posts: 528
Joined: November 2014
Location: Hamming it up on the set of Dunkirk!
ei18 wrote:
genloovers wrote:
ei18 wrote:Is this only playing with 70mm Rogue One screenings?
Most likely only 70mm IMAX screenings. But someone said that it may also be on digital IMAX screens. Nolan has only ever had his IMAX prologues play on REAL 70mm film IMAX screens. Still don't know/need confirmation from WB.
I hope it's not just 70mm. My 70mm theater is showing Rogue One on laser.
The only way to know for sure is for WB to say something. I'm just going on what happened in the past.

Posts: 23764
Joined: June 2011
genloovers wrote:If this is confirmed, it will be the first time I'm seeing a Nolan trailer/prologue attached to a movie THAT I ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE. :D
Agreed.

Posts: 5085
Joined: May 2014

Post Reply