IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
antovolk wrote:
Willem wrote:I'll buy you a beer lol

But what's the source lol?
wait, I'm the one that's been adamant that it was hahaha. so I owe you one if anything
Yep, that's what Nolan says in Joshua Levine's book, supposedly.

And it's actually pretty logical when you think about it. We knew they filmed scenes in the town. So it would be weird to first show a 'short movie' and then skip back to when the soldiers arrived in Dunkirk lol

I told you people, that it would make no sense for the prologue being the actual opening.

People on here was really quick to dismiss it and made some witty jokes.

Logic is a rare thing these days.

We just outsmarted them :lol:

Oku
MyCocaine wrote:I told you people, that it would make no sense for the prologue being the actual opening.

People on here was really quick to dismiss it and made some witty jokes.

Logic is a rare thing these days.
Once actual evidence came out to support the theory that the prologue would not be the actual opening of the film, nobody was dismissing anything or making jokes.

okungnyo wrote:Once actual evidence came out to support the theory that the prologue would not be the actual opening of the film, nobody was dismissing anything or making jokes.
Your selective memory is as useless as ever. These were the responses from our senior members.
ChristNolan
This thread has shown me two things:

People here literally don't know what the word "prologue" means

People here have not seen a Christopher Nolan film
Michaelf2225
i'm baffled by some of these posts
Sky007
Major side eye to some of these posts
And lastly from our very own newly appointed mod Ruth.
Ruth
It seems as if you guys have never heard of non linear storytelling.

okay i’ll eat my crow

Oku
MyCocaine wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Once actual evidence came out to support the theory that the prologue would not be the actual opening of the film, nobody was dismissing anything or making jokes.
Your selective memory is as useless as ever. These were the responses from our senior members.
ChristNolan
This thread has shown me two things:

People here literally don't know what the word "prologue" means

People here have not seen a Christopher Nolan film
Michaelf2225
i'm baffled by some of these posts
Sky007
Major side eye to some of these posts
And lastly from our very own newly appointed mod Ruth.
Ruth
It seems as if you guys have never heard of non linear storytelling.
Please, show me where before I displayed selective memory.

Your selective reading ability is useless as ever. (See how needlessly rude that sounds?)

I specifically said "Once actual evidence came out", i.e. when Mr. Nolan called it a short film: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... start=1690

Do you see anyone arguing with me on that page that the prologue would still be the opening of the film?

Oh my god he literally had to mention I'm temporarily helping out as a mod :lol:

wow speculating and guessing is terrible, I'm literally so embarrassed and ashamed to having thought the movie might open with the prologue :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oku
You're not in the wrong, Ruth.