IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I watched it ! Brilliant ! At least we are seeing French soldiers and even some African "tirailleurs". Aerial scenes are great. It's amazing to think that Hardy and Lowden are actually filmed from the top of a cliff in Calfornia, above the Pacific Ocean. Perfect illusion.

YFR3 wrote:
MorenoVL wrote:While the trailer left me a bit dissapointed, this prologue was excellent!
Those aerial shots, that music ... OMG!

The closest 70mm IMAX theatre for me (Belgium) is the BFI in London, 5 hour drive ... is gonna be worth every minute!!!
Kinepolis IMAX Brussels is showing it. It's on the list ;)
But it's not a 70mm IMAX location though.

The prologue has the wow factor that the trailer does not. Not that the trailer is bad, on the contrary, its good but not great. The trailer wants us to know that this film will be a drama and NOT saving private Ryan type action war film.

Can someone send it to me? Plz and thank you!

Hi, can someone PM me the prologue? Thank you for your help. :gonf:

YFR3 wrote:I watched it ! Brilliant ! At least we are seeing French soldiers and even some African "tirailleurs". Aerial scenes are great. It's amazing to think that Hardy and Lowden are actually filmed from the top of a cliff in Calfornia, above the Pacific Ocean. Perfect illusion.
Lowden shot his scenes in the air. For real. I mean look: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=560 Check the spoiler tags

The Special One wrote:The prologue has the wow factor that the trailer does not. Not that the trailer is bad, on the contrary, its good but not great. The trailer wants us to know that this film will be a drama and NOT saving private Ryan type action war film.
And yet people still keep saying this looks like that film.

After seeing the prologue, this really just looks like a Christopher Nolan war film.

Bacon wrote:
The Special One wrote:The prologue has the wow factor that the trailer does not. Not that the trailer is bad, on the contrary, its good but not great. The trailer wants us to know that this film will be a drama and NOT saving private Ryan type action war film.
And yet people still keep saying this looks like that film.
Private Ryan is so brilliant that every WW2 film after it will be compared to it.
Nolan will follow several characters and their stories while Ryan focused sorely on finding matt Damon and bringing him home.

SPR had that melodramatic sauce over it tho. It doesn't bother me much, just a little. I highly doubt we'll get that here. Nor a British vlag with the sun behind it lol